attempted to cancel transaction and was charged 60 dollars I didn't even have on my PayPal balance

mirovna
New Community Member

Was attempting to purchase boots from a seller off of Facebook. Agreed to sale, but seller became confused about what bank she dealt with. I put the wrong address is what she said, and she told me to cancel it, I have all the saved conversation between her and I . I tried to cancel it just after I sent it, because I said there is no deal now since she told me the wrong bank. I asked the seller not to accept the money transfer as I was not buying the boots.

She responded to me by telling me she had NO PAYPAL account. What I am wondering is why PayPal would push a transfer through, even though I have sent them all the evidence to prove I wanted it cancelled. Now they closed the case in the resolution centre and Im suppose to pay PayPal back???????

I am having trouble understanding the rights and protections of the buyers on this website, because they made the decision to put my balance -60 dollars and expect me to pay, for something I did not ask for. I am tired of writing them over and over to be told the case is closed, did they not read the messages the seller sent me? I do not feel I was protected in any way shape or form from this **bleep** seller. I am at a complete loss because of this, it's bad enough to suffer with depression, but to feel so **bleep** you want to end everything because PayPal won't even look at my proof, it's ludacris. Would like help on how to deal with this. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.