appeal a paypal decision

edensgarden6577
Contributor
Contributor

I sell womens designer clothing & shoes on EBAY. I recently had a buyer buy shoes on 1-11-2018, wear them at least 2 times and on 4-8-2018 contact me stating there is an issue with the shoes. Ebay declined a dispute stating the time frame was too long & there were at least 2 wearings. They files a dispute with Paypal & paypal has sited in their favor

Now damaged shoes from wear are being returned to me. is there any recourse I have.

I can not return these to the manufacturer are they are not defective.

any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Lynn

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edensgarden6577

Sorry not really.

In the event of a SNAD dispute it is always one persons word against the others.

So paypal 'tend' to favour the buyer in my opinion BUT the buyer has to return the items back to you first (trackable to prove delivery) before you have to issue a refund.

You could try selling them on as 'nearly new'?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edensgarden6577

Sorry not really.

In the event of a SNAD dispute it is always one persons word against the others.

So paypal 'tend' to favour the buyer in my opinion BUT the buyer has to return the items back to you first (trackable to prove delivery) before you have to issue a refund.

You could try selling them on as 'nearly new'?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

edensgarden6577
Contributor
Contributor

the shoes are damaged. Which is a huge issue. I can not return them to the manufacturer,  as she bought them 4 months ago & has worn them at least 2 times. Also why I can not resell them. I'm going to call Paypal today. How they can do this is beyond me 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.