almost 6 months later

Apexseals
Contributor
Contributor

I've attempted to contact the person I purchased something from, but to no avail, I have attempted to text them, but they tell me to email them.  I have waited 6 months to receive an automotive part.  the seller is non-responsive to me on any social media i attempt to contact them through.

i have attempted to open a dispute in paypal, but it tells me to attempt to contact the seller, i have tried doing so, and now paypal wont let me do anything with the dispute.  is there nothing i can do?  do i contact my bank and have them talk to paypal and see if they can get a refund from the seller?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Apexseals 

Sadly you only have up to 180 days with paypal to open a dispute for non receipt of item so i fear you have waited too long?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Apexseals
Contributor
Contributor

that kind of system is completely unacceptable, I guess I'll have to contact my bank and have them go to paypal since they completely ignored my request for a refund.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Apexseals 

Even credit cards have limits which are mostly 6 months as well. (some are only 120 days).

So acceptable to you or not that it the limit of the buyer protection with most consumer payment processors.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.