account

loyd2
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to selling on Ebay. I set up PayPal acct. and started selling stuff and shipping it out. PayPal decided to lock my acct and hold my money for 6 months. no explanation. the took money off my credit card for shipping etc. Ebay says no problem on their end but can't help even though the only use PayPal . Any ideas before calling a lawyer.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loyd2 

Sounds as if paypal no longer want your business, not sure your lawyer can help you with that.

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

loyd2
Contributor
Contributor

I own 3 hardware stores and they think I am risk

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loyd2 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

loyd2
Contributor
Contributor
Always the same answer. No way to run a business if you can't give a reason for your actions
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loyd2 

They won't give you a reason, they just say you have violated their policy in some way.

And i don't give reasons as i have diddley squat to do with paypal.

I just responded to your post to give some info that may help, so ....your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.