account restricted

sh0rt_elijah
New Community Member

Im pretty sure my account is restricted, when i go to pay for something it says "PayPal returned an error: The Merchant Account is Restricted" can someone help me fix this?? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

tosca_cosio
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello and Good day @sh0rt_elijah ! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. You might want to check your Email or the Resolution Center because we usually send you communication when a limitation is placed. Also here is a  link that you can click on to find out more and what to do.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-paypal-account-limited-faq1758 

Hope this helps and Stay Safe!

You can send a like if this helps! 

Login to Me Too

trickeration
New Community Member

I get a similar error: 

Payment not submitted
The merchant account is restricted.

None of these look relevant to my account, which is not a merchant account (just a personal, non-business account).

When I got to the Resolution Center, nothing is listed. 

What should I do next? I tried using the "Contact Us" chat feature, too. I am waiting for a response to a request for someone to review my issue.

Login to Me Too

onlyjoe2011
New Community Member

Me too, can’t make purchases as it just comes up with “The the merchant account is restricted “. The resolution centre was a waste of time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.