account locked for 180 days

terese13
Contributor
Contributor

hello, my account was locked for 180 days after i sold a clothing item on paypal. i have been a seller of clothes some vintage some designer since 2017 and I have never had this happen before. i did not realize i had an old paypal work account on my ebay and my funds were transferred to that account (which I do not use any more because I have a new job. paypal happily transferred the funds to my more recent paypal account and said my funds would be available in 24 hours. Then they locked my account. I have had no complaints from ebay or the buyer. What paypal is doing is stealing. I reached out to the BBB and have been told to take some additional steps. Any advice on how to fight this? Ebay reps have been really empathetic and said they were severing ties with paypal come 2021 and starting their own system. Paypal - I have spoke to over 30 reps/bots they are super vague and won't give me a real reason. They called twice, one call dropped the other hung up before i could answer....and you can't call and get through. this is really frustrating and I feel fully taken advantage of. i had noooo idea paypal was doing this to so many people. after 180 days if i do not fight this tooth and nail i am afraid i will not see my funds. please help thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Tims28
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to me that they do this very often and tie up peoples money.  Imagine the millions of dollars that are tied up in these accounts.  BUNCH OF CROOKS.  Why lock up peoples money for 6 months, are you serious ??  If I tried to do this to someone, the police would of been knocking of my door.  How and why do these "legit" companies get away with it.  It's a crime.  I can understand to protect themselves, but why tie up our money for 6 months.  Do it for 1 months, surely that's more than enough time for someone to claim if need be.  But most people that have this issue, is for reasons not known to them and paypal will not give them a proper answer as to why accounts were locked in the first place.  If they could give an EXACT answer as to why, then people can fix their accounts, but this is to hard to tell you why your accounts is been locked.  PEOPLE NEED TO STOP USING THEM AND THE WELL SEE WHERE THEY'DE BE.  ANYONE LISTENING, WE NEED A NEW PAYMENT PLATFORM, TO PUT THESE DOGS OUT OF BUSINESS.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.