account locked due to unusual activity

aujourney
New Community Member

Account locked, was asked to call[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]  Told them what was going on and he wanted me to download anydesk, which I said I don't want you on my computer.  He said he won't do that and added he couldn't see anything.  I did and then he had me verify my bank account - not the number, just the name.  But then I saw another curser floating around.  It was labeled virtual assistant I think.  I told him someone is on my computer and he said no I am not on your computer and please now long into your bank account .........as the curser went flying around my computer and clicking on things.  I hung up on him after and tried to close anydesk down and all the windows associated with it along with what I had opened in PayPal and finally even shutdown my computer.  That curser went flying all over as I was doing this.  Anyway, I can't find anydesk on my program list.  I want to remove it.  I think I could be scammed.  I removed my bank account from PayPal right away but who knows  Any suggestions or help from anyone would be appreciated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aujourney 

Its a SCAM.
It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number inserted into google search and pretending to be paypal customer services.

OR they send you fake paypal emails with a phone number again which paypal never do.

Paypal would direct you to the resolution centre IN your account to resolve any issues.

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the real paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages.
The scammers will always try to get you to buy vouchers or ask for sensitive financial account information which Paypal customer services would never do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.