account limited saying I have violated agreement policy

james727
New Community Member

Hi community,

Recently I've received an email saying that I have violated the user agreement policy, but I don't understand what I did?

I only use my account for

- purchasing

- sending/receiving money from friends and family

I do not use my account for

- selling products

I have never made any disputes for purchases or anything either.

I've sent 3 emails to get in contact with PayPal but I haven't received a single reply.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@james727

Could be that they think your friends / family transactions are for sales against their rules?

All you can do is ask, but if the limitation is permanent then they rarely change their minds or give reasons.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

james727
New Community Member

Thanks for your reply,,

I've seen this happen to a friend of mine but he sells products online and had received disputes before so thought that was understandable.

However, I don't see what I did wrong, and if they believed my transactions between family and friends were from sales, it seems really unreasonable that they 1. give that transaction option in first place, then 2. would not provide reasons for this action. I'm glad I didn't have any money in the account that got locked, but I really enjoy using this for buying products from overseas since PayPal offers free returns...

I'm also really confused because my other friend who is a seller had his account locked 2 days prior to mine, and his friend's (not a seller) locked a day before mine, but I have never exchanged money with either of them before.

I've only sent to 2 friends and 1 family member I've transferred money to

Do you know of any methods to get this sorted?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.