account limited because of SSN or TIN but i live outside USA

Ekram_hadidi
Contributor
Contributor

my account got a limitation because i seem to have entered an invalid SSN when trying to transfer money from my visa to my paypal balance.

it is telling me now to provide proof of my SSN and bailling address but i live outside the usa. i live in egypt, as you know you have to provide a U.S address when you sign up to paypal. so clearly the bailing address currently registered in my account is not where i live.

also i don't know how to provide the SSN/TIN or what the egyptian equivilant of it. please shed more light on this.

i know that i can still make purchases online using paypal since the limitation is only on "adding funds to my account" and my linked visa card is valid.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ekram_hadidi

Sorry but that is not true, when you REGISTER to open a paypal account you click on the drop down box and select the country you are in to open a paypal account in that country.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

These are all the countries you can open a paypal account in.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

If you open a paypal account in a country in which you do NOT reside then it won't work properly if at all and you won't be able to verify that account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ekram_hadidi

If you live in Egypt then why have you opened a U.S paypal account !!!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ekram_hadidi
Contributor
Contributor

money people outside usa use paypal as their primary money processor. when i first tried to sign up there was no other option to fill in the address bar other than usa address and states. that's weird because you can see on paypal website that they support business with many other countries.

so should i scratch the idea of using paypal balance and use the linked visa as the preffered payment method instead?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ekram_hadidi

Are you actually IN the U.S?

Only if you are not then why did you open a U.S Paypal account?

If you are then can you clarify your query?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ekram_hadidi
Contributor
Contributor

i am not a us citizen and i don't live in the us. i had to open a us address and put a us address because paypal doesn't let you sign up internationally afaik. at least thats what i see whenevr i go to sign up page; you cant put addresses other than us ones.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ekram_hadidi

Sorry but that is not true, when you REGISTER to open a paypal account you click on the drop down box and select the country you are in to open a paypal account in that country.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

These are all the countries you can open a paypal account in.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

If you open a paypal account in a country in which you do NOT reside then it won't work properly if at all and you won't be able to verify that account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.