account limitation

alexandros4
Contributor
Contributor

hey i got a problem my account got limited  and they ask me to confirm adress and identity,and here is the problem ,im underage so i dont have any bill to show with my name on it and my identity passport or whatever indicates my age so i dont know what i am supposed to do i have money in my account that i need i cant just let it go and i use paypal daily too so any way i can a get over that limitation and go back to normal ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alexandros4 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.
Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alexandros4 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.
Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alexandros4
Contributor
Contributor
I will be 18 next year but until then I would rlly like to have paypal ,I literally eat through paypal I order food like every day 😄,but if they could just give my money to my parent account would be nice ,is there anything I can do ,should I email them or something ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.