account limitation

spireslee
Contributor
Contributor
I am speechless! I am a new seeker on Ebay. I sold an item was paid, shipped and received by buyer, confirmed. Next sale was larger and I understand holding those funds etc. But the first sale on hold has prevented me from shipping larger item. So I canceled sale and refunded buyer. They still want to purchase. The biggest issue is ebay fees weren't paid and I had the funds to pay, therefore ebay has now restricted my account. All of this and pay pal until moments ago would only say it would be reviewed by back office. This has been 2 weeks now. Someone help me understand this. If I could have gotten my completed funds, ebays invoice paid out of my completed funds, and hold current sale as required none of this would have happened! I am going to set up with another online payment source for future sales. It would take alot to ever use Pay Pal again, and I truly hate to have these feelings.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spireslee

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Its the new seller hold that EVERY new Ebay seller goes through.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/paymentprocess-newsellers.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

spireslee
Contributor
Contributor
Ebay showed funds available. And yes they held until delivery + 3 but this was alot longer. I get there is a lot of fraud and appreciate measures to protect all of us. Biggest frustration is pay pals response which was different each call. BUT the funds in question all criteria had been met. Thank you your answer is dead on for policies of ebay and I will read therm several more times. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.