account hacked

maria_3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my account was hacked and closed yesterday. I was informed via email that there was made a bank transfer of 166.80 € to an India travel company named Yatra which I had never authorized in reality. Then, I tried to access my paypal account to see more details only to find out that my account was closed and the email address that was attached to it not being recognized any more. That meant that I cannot login and go to Resolution Center in order to claim unauthorized payment nor calling the customer service because they cannot find my account there. That's why I opened a new account and rise the issue here. I also sent some emails to paypal through some forms that are available but received only automated responses without any concrete solution. What would you suggest me to do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @maria_3,

I'm so sorry to hear about the unauthorized access and the difficulty contacting PayPal by email webform. Because the account was closed, you will definitely need assistance from a customer service representative. Besides the contact options in the Help Center, customer service can be reached by Facebook and Twitter

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.