account disabled cannot remove payment info

craiggee
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited for violating one of the rules. Which, I do not know, nor do I care. I am unable to remove my bank and credit card information from the wallet, I cannot even close the account. I have tried calling customer service but cannot get through. I have tried their call back service and they do not call back. I just tried calling now and get a busy signal. Seriously! I just want my account closed. I receive notices that my account may have been used by somebody in Chile. I am in the U.S. PayPal customer service is pathetic. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@craiggee 

If its a permanent limitation then you can't close it or remove anything from it.

Paypal do that to stop you trying to open another paypal account with that information removed from the old account to try and set up a new one against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

craiggee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response and what you stated is my understanding as well. However, I should have the option to cancel the account and remove my card information. If somebody was to somehow access my account, that information is available to them. I can understand PayPals concern that people may try to open another account but they should be able to store my information in another way instead of having it accessible , accessible to even me. I'm sure this is spelled out in their terms and conditions but really, whos spends half their day reading through all legal lingo. It just seems they are setting me up for a potential problem and I have no recourse. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.