account closed for no apparent reason! how can I resolve this issue?

termspec
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been closed for no apparent reason and there is no method to dispute this in my resolution centre.

how can I resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@termspec 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

geofflord
Contributor
Contributor

yes i spoke on the phone to someone but they are a total waste of time!!

all they will say is you violated the terms of Use, so you ask which terns you broke so that you can fix or resolve the issue and the answer is sorry I cant help YOU !! so how can that help anyone !!

So I emailed and that may take weeks before anyone even opens your email !!

This is a disgusting way to treat clients !!  How can it be called a help desk when they refuse to help you!!

Login to Me Too

geofflord
Contributor
Contributor

I tried all the options, Phone, facebook, twitter and all of them just gave me the runnaround.

so the burning question still is why is there no meaningfull way of getting a sensible response from ANYONE.

As i have explained to everyone i have contacted, How can I resolve the situation If I cant get an answer as to why the closed ??

Seems to me to be a simple question, and i do accept that if I have done anything wrong thats fair enough, but at least tell us what we are supposed to have done !!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geofflord 

They don't give reasons and they don't change their minds if they have said its a permanent limitation.

You just have to accept that they no longer sadly want your business.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

geofflord
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

But it does not help PayPal's reputation when there are so many Bad things being discussed about them everywhere.

I have been a PayPal user from Day one of them launching and I am not doing anything now that I haven't been doing since it started So I really do not understand this insane self destruct attitude they have. It is like they don't want to take the time to help people so "Let's just get Shut" and be done with it so we don't have to deal with it !! which is not a great business attitude to have.

Login to Me Too

geofflord
Contributor
Contributor

It is darned Ludicrous.

The internet is alive with complaints

I think there is something amiss with paypal policy when you do a google search and you get for "PayPal accounts closures" and you get About 4,880,000 results !!!  

you can now change that to read 4,889,001 !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.