account being limited

similarobjects
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings! i wanted to get support regarding my account being limited, I currently use the PayPal account to facilitate my personal payments, but is now being locked/limited, this account was initially a personal account but I accidentally switched it into a business account last year when I held an event online and used the account to receive donations, now it is asking me to show business registration documents for a nonexisting business. so I'm worried I won't be able to unlock my account? is there anything else I can do to prove that I'm a real person and unlock my account? i have existing proof of business registrations for several businesses but not for the current name i've indicated on my paypal account because it isnt a business at all. if i had known better about what comes with the business type account i wouldn't have changed from personal at all, but here we are now. is there anything i can do to remove the limitations? if i use a proof of registration of my other businesses, will that count for this paypal account even if its not the same name? please help 😞

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jonathan238
New Community Member

i have the similar problem. i have submitted all documents required by paypal and after 2 weeks my account still lock and ifunds is still onhold. they even refunded my client funds after they purchase my items .

try to get hold of them (paypal support) via email, chat and  failed.

Login to Me Too

similarobjects
Contributor
Contributor

wow this actually sucks. ive been looking around and some searches dont make me feel so secure or safe about this issue since there are barely much solutions or happy endings to this issue on record. i can't believe paypal is being wierd about this.

Login to Me Too

h_pearson
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited since April. I did have a fraud situation, but it was resolved in August and I've sent in all the information they've requested of me to resolve the limitation. Still nothing. It's been three months now, but apparently I'm supposed to assume they "haven't gotten to it yet." Their handling of limitations is ridiculous. The phones are useless, the chats are useless. I guess we're forced to accept that all our information (and in some cases money) gets to be in limbo forever on this site.

Login to Me Too

similarobjects
Contributor
Contributor

sad to hear that, I hope things get resolved soon, this is terrible to hear from Paypal considering they've been around for years. considering how many ppl attach ideas of security, safety, and legitimacy to the brand of this service, yet such a small, basic, and simple thing they can't even achieve. so sad about this and totally worried and gutted that i may never get my money back and will be further hassled by not being able to do my transactions in a time so heavily reliant on cashless and online payments. paypal is a huge dissapointment in this regard.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.