account banned

vbarrett
New Community Member

any advice on how to dispute account banned? I literally use my account for buying things on internet and uber?  There is NO way i could have violated any agreement.  I cannot get any details on reasoning!  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vbarrett

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vbarrett

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JenerSilva
Contributor
Contributor
I'm afraid you're out of luck. Not saying this to be mean, and hell, I'd never side with paypal, ever! The thing is even if you didn't violate any tos they can still arbitrary shut your acct down. They do it all the time. I'm wondering if they're going broke and need our money. Although the eBay split will officially end 5 years from now they're gonna lose a lot of business by then. Too many people are getting shut down. So, they're going to need the interest their earning on our money to cover all their lawsuits and hope to survive the next 5-10 years.
Login to Me Too

mj_reloadedv2
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed it seems people get accounts shut down regularly. What’s going on with that. Dodgy.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mj_reloadedv2

@vbarrett

Actually Paypal don't want to shut down accounts, if you think about it having a Paypal account earns them far more money.

Say they froze your account in with $1000 dollars in it BUT you regularly earn $4000 dollars a month, that monthly amount would soon earn Paypal more in fees than the $1000 they froze.

They WANT folks to have Paypal accounts that is the whole point of the business so they only close it when there is a violation of their terms the most common being.

1. Sellers selling and accepting friends/family payments to evade fees.

2. Selling items that are unacceptable on Paypal.

3. Underage accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mj_reloadedv2
Contributor
Contributor

Yet they shut down at the word lawyer, shady **bleep**

Login to Me Too

delorerae
Contributor
Contributor
I did none of those things all I do is buy stuff and nowhere near as expensive as the amount you’re pointing out the most expensive thing I have Botton was $200 that’s it that is my cut off limit and even that is an extravagant amount for me yet I got permanently banned and they withheld $50 for me for a full year
Login to Me Too

trouty51
New Community Member

I’m afraid you lame suggestions do not work. Paypal is seemingly allowed to treat people like criminals with complete impunity without any form of appeal or redress. It is appealing. 

Login to Me Too

trouty51
New Community Member

I too have just been told my account has been closed and that I am effectively barred from reinstating my account or opening a new account. I was refused any details as to why my account was closed or any right of appeal or redress. It is disgrace that this should be allowed when I have operated my account within the bounds of the terms and conditions laid out. More worrying is that although PayPal has decided to treat me like a criminal, they themselves are retaking personal data on my address and my bank account otherwise why would I not simply be able to set up a new account. This ban is effectively for life. I am appalled at the way they have treated me. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.