about triple charge

yw428
Contributor
Contributor

I was binding the HSBC bank debit card to PayPal, and I bought a sweatshirt by PayPal.However,when I paid it,it was error. Somethings gone wrong. I tried again and again. In total, I tried it for three times.only the last one was success. In my PayPal activity it also showed that it was one transaction,but the HSBC bank app told me I paid it for three times. I paid triple money to paypal. Actually the first two transaction was not exist,but the PayPal took this money from me. So how could I dispute the first two transaction?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yw428 

Pending status or temporary authorizations cannot be canceled by anyone so no point in calling bank or PayPal because they expire (from a few days to no longer than 30 days) if funds cannot be capture by the merchant. You can only dispute/request refund if payments are posted and completed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yw428 

The first two transactions should be marked as pending until they are posted by your bank (or expire on their own if merchant cannot capture payment on them). You can dispute them with your bank if they are posted or with PayPal only if you also see those additional duplicate transactions marked as completed in your PayPal account activity.

Login to Me Too

yw428
Contributor
Contributor

So how could I contact thesh Paypal or bank to cancelled the pending status of these two orders. Should I phone the Paypal or bank? what should I do next to unfreeze my money?

Login to Me Too

yw428
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker about triple charge 

so how can I cancelled the Release pending state and unfreeze my money? Should I phone the Paypal or the Bank? What should I do Next? Or just wait several days to wait the bank unfreeze my money automatically?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yw428 

Pending status or temporary authorizations cannot be canceled by anyone so no point in calling bank or PayPal because they expire (from a few days to no longer than 30 days) if funds cannot be capture by the merchant. You can only dispute/request refund if payments are posted and completed.

Login to Me Too

yw428
Contributor
Contributor

So how could I contact thesh Paypal or bank to cancelled the pending status of these two orders. Should I phone the Paypal or bank? what should I do next to unfreeze my money?

Login to Me Too

yw428
Contributor
Contributor

or just wait for several days, wait the bank  unfreeze my money Automatically

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.