a return case still open

jd2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I bought a item it was sent to me very poorly packed and damaged. So I opened case to return , which was fine . I returned item, I was refunded iin full by paypal but the case is still open ? first it looked it went to appeal but there was no comments I could see from the seller on history of comments. now they have request more information from seller ? what does this mean that they may take back the refund they sent me ?I have emailed paypal twice asking why its still open? am deaf so I cant use telephone. ive had no response by paypal through email

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi jd2018, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.

I am glad to hear that you received a full refund for an item you had to return. If your case is still showing as open It sounds like your seller may have appealed the case. If they have appealed the case then we would need to review any new details that have been provided, for example, if your seller has stated that they received a different item back or that the item is damaged more than was advised previously. We would generally ask your seller to provide additional information to support their appeal. Once this is received we will review the case again and make a decision. In most cases, if you have already been refunded then we would not request the funds to be returned to the seller. 

I hope this answers your questions and if you have any further questions please feel free to post.

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.