a question about charge backs

rodrikTheThird
Contributor
Contributor

so I am buying a video game account from someone and he wants me to send the money first before the account is fully transferred to me cause I need to wait until the 28 of sep for the account to be fully transferred to me, so if I send him the money now will I be able to charge back lets say 10 days from now if the account that he sold to me wasnt fully transferred to me ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rodrikTheThird 

First, PayPal purchase/buyer protection terms has it's limitations so beware of potential loss nonetheless. Second, as long as you send payment as goods and services, you'll have a chance to file a PayPal dispute for Item Not Received (INR) or Significantly not As Described (SNAD). The tricky thing about SNAD claims from buyer protection perspective is that there is a criteria it has to meet, if it don't meet it, you'll lose the case. PayPal does not warranty products meeting your expectations so you may want to also use a credit card so that you can file a credit card charge back where the terms are more broader in case you lose PayPal dispute and digital goods may not be covered or proof of delivery is required to receive seller protection coverage on the seller's end.

With PayPal disputes, you may file a claim 180 days from date of payment, same with credit cards. If you file a credit card chargeback (calling your credit card issuer to dispute), you won't be able to file a PayPal dispute so file PayPal dispute first and work your way to credit card chargeback or just go for the credit card chargeback directly and stick it with til the case closes.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.