ZestcAds tactical 360 flashlight scam

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor
Well, as far as l am concerned, PayPal has failed the community. I filed a claim of substantial misrepresentation of product and PayPal "resolved" the claim in my favor, but....l am required to send it back to Hong Kong to get my refund. You must be kidding. How much of myb22. Dollars for a 50 cent flashlight that is nonwhere near what was advertised by these scammers will that eat up. PayPal should have taken a stand against them with this many claims reported. Total fraud on both parts. PayPal wants to keep the business scamming to get their cut. It's worse than hate posts on FB in my opinion.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mgeller7 

They failed you OR did exactly what they state they will do in their buyer protection policy?

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor
The point is, many people have advised these people from Zestads sell b.s. stuff that is fraudulent. If they have that many reports, why make it easy for the fraudulent seller. They could have required them to srnd a return label for the fraudulent item?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mgeller7 

But that is not what they say in their buyer protection policy is it? So why would they do that?

They tell you that you have to return it at your own cost BUT you can claim some or all of it back if you have activated their 'return shipping on us' link at some point before the transaction was made.

There are so many of these scam China companies on websites or Social Media ads so the best thing to do is read up on buyer protection, see what coverage it does (and does not) provide and then risk assess your transactions. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I should have just taken it off my credit card. Rediculous to have PP tell me l am correct, only to have the requirement by PP to spend double the amount to send it back. I may dispute it on my card now anyway. Still within the period. This is especially poor customer service given that there are hundreds of fraud complaints in the Zestads flashlight case. I guess Zestads is their customer, not us.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.