ZestAds Limited

cjeezy69
Contributor
Contributor

I places an order Dec 29, 2019 and I was attempting to check if my order had been shipped and I came across all of these complaints. I would hate to learn that Paypal has allowed this transaction to go through if there are others that have complained about this seller. I also bought mine from the Facebook ad.

I pray that this is not the case and I receive the Drone that I ordered.  Also, the web address that shows on my order, <removed> is no good. The more I look into this order I find more evidence that I have become the latest victim.

Login to Me Too
353 REPLIES 353

Larry8162
Zest ads had a drone advertised for $69.00 with a 30% off at checkout 5.95 shipping making it around $75.00. I noticed thru PayPal I was charged. I put this on my PayPal credit . I would like PayPal to credit my account. I went to my email and nothing from Zest ads. I contacted PayPal and put it in dispute. But since Zestads did not send me I have researched Zestads and tons of complaints on them being scammers. I sent this to PayPal as well. But they have supported the company in my case. Very disappointed in this process for a consumer and support for scammers. No wonder there are so many out there that are able to continue doing this.
Login to Me Too

colcamper
Contributor
Contributor

I am the latest victim of this scam - unfortunately because PayPal refuses to address this issue, I'm sure I won't be the last. I filed a claim immediately after realizing the receipt had bogus website addresses on it and was denied a refund.  [I tried to use the addresses given on my receipt to contact the company regarding delivery, only to be directed to a domain website asking me if I wanted to purchase this domain.]  Doh!! This is the 2nd time I've had issues with PayPal. The first was when my account info was stolen and someone made a purchase in my name.   I cancelled PayPal after that incident (several year ago now) and should have known that signing back up again for this item would be a mistake.  Fool me once.. No more PayPal purchases for me, ever!  My advice, purchase directly from sellers and don't use middlemen like PayPal.

Login to Me Too

colcamper
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

The ineptness of PayPal to be a true "consumer friendly" organization keeps rearing its ugly head. After opening a case and then being denied a refund, I get an email today that states: 

"We Can't Investigate or Decide This Case

You filed this dispute with your financial institution or credit card company, and not with PayPal. We can't provide additional details or updates on this claim because we don't have access to your financial institution's investigation details."

Well, no kidding.  I filed with PayPal FIRST and THEN I filed with my credit card company after you denied my reimbursement.

Login to Me Too

UncleDuck1
Contributor
Contributor
File a fraud claim with your state AG. Better business bureau and send PayPal a copy of each. After filing a claim someone from PayPal tried to tap my card for more cash. Thank goodness for their instant denial and notification. Be aware and check for additional charges from PayPal. Looks like someone hacked their system. Quote the Ravin. NEVERMORE.
Login to Me Too

colcamper
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the additional info UncleDuck1.  I appreciate it!

Login to Me Too

colcamper
Contributor
Contributor

Just an FYI regarding my response - I removed my credit card from my PayPal account just to be on the safe side until this mess is fixed. I can't trust PayPal to block this company from taking additional funds since it has had zero interest in preventing sales to go through to this company.

Login to Me Too

Marijoun
Contributor
Contributor

lol I got this same exact message from them days after they closed my case siding with ZestAds. No worries though, PayPal. AMEX has my back and you have lost a customer for good.

Login to Me Too

colcamper
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a credit on my purchase from my credit card company, no thanks to PayPal.  It took two months for all this to settle out.  This will be my last posting as I will be leaving PayPal for good.  Good luck to all of you who have been scammed.  If you are made whole, I would suggest leaving PayPal and advocating against their practices and customer support.  Oh, and NEVER, EVER use PayPal to charge a purchase.  Using a real credit card saved me from the headache many of you are going through.  Peace...

Login to Me Too

torrescorrea
New Community Member

I just discovered this PayPal community page after not getting the drone I purchased and the only support email I had from ZestAds bounced back. I have no tracking number, I have no recourse. And I come accross this community page and discover so many complaints complaints.... Please PayPal, close this account and return my money. You are enabling a fraud.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@torrescorrea 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.