ZestAds Limited

cjeezy69
Contributor
Contributor

I places an order Dec 29, 2019 and I was attempting to check if my order had been shipped and I came across all of these complaints. I would hate to learn that Paypal has allowed this transaction to go through if there are others that have complained about this seller. I also bought mine from the Facebook ad.

I pray that this is not the case and I receive the Drone that I ordered.  Also, the web address that shows on my order, <removed> is no good. The more I look into this order I find more evidence that I have become the latest victim.

Login to Me Too
353 REPLIES 353

Foobared
Contributor
Contributor
Having bought Zestlabs one-year warranty, the drone broke on first use. Contacted them about warranty claim. Zest replied that their warranty expired!
Login to Me Too

Foobared
Contributor
Contributor
Six months when Zestlabs denied one-year warranty claim. PP said their involvement ends at six months. MEANING PP does does back warranties long than six months!!!
Login to Me Too

Katiesink
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had issues with this company? Zestads had a drone..lifting a elephant..going thru fire ...on FB. I realize this was probably not legit for lifting a elephant..but a nice toy for $99. Than they offered a additional 30% off at checkout. Paid thru PayPal. The company charged me $233. And when I disputes immediately..PayPal backed them. The add is now down. No receipt given and no way to contact them. Lesson learned.

Login to Me Too

DeonK
Contributor
Contributor

This company Zestads seems to be a big scamming operation.  It is very strange that a good and reliable company such as PayPal is still engaged with them.  The Zestads bunch makes promises, take your money via Paypal and then dissappears from the scene. No further contact, unanswered emails and no delivery is the norm with them.  Many people has been complaining about this. 

Paypal, please update your values and do not participate in this scamming operation.  

Login to Me Too

Dbunnell
Contributor
Contributor

Zestads will take your money, then good luck. They send an email saying the order is on the way and a bogus tracking number. Emails to Zestads are returned “undeliverable”. Next step is to escalate and see if PayPal does anything. 

Login to Me Too

DonSinc
New Community Member

How do I get to talk with anyone at Paypal? All I get online or by phone are robots. This is outright fraud.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DonSinc 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

daveree
Contributor
Contributor

I have a dispute thats been closed, but I never received the item i was charged for. Many people have complained about ZestAds, but paypal still does business with them and let them take my money. I feel that because of this paypal should reimburse me regardless. I wonder if I could file a lawsuit against paypal if they dont want to do the right thing and reimburse me. I'm out $105.90 and fuming about it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daveree 

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but its not a 100% guarantee or insurance policy and its up to all of us to risk assess our transactions.

Your credit card issuer does not check out sellers / merchants you purchase from and neither do paypal as there are millions of them.

And credit cards don't cover you for 'everything' either.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

matthewdownhour
Contributor
Contributor

I've worked with 500-600 people getting refunds, and their experience has almost universally been better negotiating with a bank or credit card than PayPal.  For any transactions that you feel like you might need a refund on, I'd definitely use some other payment method (if I went forward with it at all!)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.