ZestAds Limited

cjeezy69
Contributor
Contributor

I places an order Dec 29, 2019 and I was attempting to check if my order had been shipped and I came across all of these complaints. I would hate to learn that Paypal has allowed this transaction to go through if there are others that have complained about this seller. I also bought mine from the Facebook ad.

I pray that this is not the case and I receive the Drone that I ordered.  Also, the web address that shows on my order, <removed> is no good. The more I look into this order I find more evidence that I have become the latest victim.

Login to Me Too
353 REPLIES 353

Bigmoneywinner
Contributor
Contributor
I inadvertently purchased 2 of these so called, "drones," the video ad on YouTube shows a high end quality machine. The drone & controller advertised in the video are well built, metal reinforced, & large in comparison to the junk ultimately delivered. The video shows a sturdy drone, metallic reinforced, with a digital display pilot's remote controller. What I ended up getting was a dollar store trinket. The plastic junk won't even power up! The remote control is extremely cheap, with plastic antennas, & no digital interface, as shown in the advertisement video on YouTube. Complete garbage!! Well, back to the beginning, I immediately made a couple attempts to contact seller as soon as I realized my nephew had ordered these, "drones." Within the hour I'd requested to cancel the order. I received no return response from the scammers. I wanted to cancel before anything was shipped. Right away I knew the situation was a scam as the emailed order confirmation came with a link to a non existent free, "tutorial on losing weight." I knew right away it was a scam. I called PayPal immediatly after trying unsuccessfully to cancel with the seller. Side point, I sent at least 20 emails to 5 different email addresses connected to these scammers, I never received any response from them. I filed a dispute right away. I explained that I was certain this was a scam. I explained that I'd not authorized the transaction, as my nephew placed the order before getting my final approval. So the agent filed an unauthorized transaction. Within a day PayPal decided the transaction had been authorized. I tried explaining again how I'd not authorized it, eventually though, it was made clear by the agent that the decision was final, & the agent suggested filing the dispute as, an "item not received," dispute. She said they'd have 10 days to respond. She said if they failed to respond in that time frame, I'd receive the refund as requested. I figured that I'd have a chance to finally have contact with the seller when & if they'd respond. They never did respond, but about 8 days into the dispute, they assigned a tracking number from China Post to the order. An agent from PayPal explained to me that that's equivalent to a response, & now I'd have to wait for the item to arrive. I was also informed that if, & when the package arrives that my dispute would then be denied, as the confirmation of delivery by the post office was proof that item was received. At this point I just want to be done with it. So, I figured wait to see if I get what was advertised. When the package arrived, I was really hoping to put this behind me. However, based on how things had transpired, I wasn't surprised to see the crap they'd shipped. After opening & inspecting the junk they'd sent out, I referenced the YouTube video I had initially been watching when the order, "placed in error," & after it played out the ad popped up. I watched it & wasn't surprised that the 2 remote controlled toy trinkets I'd been sent, & the drone in the video advertisement aren't, "remotely," the same. Bam! I was scammed! These theives are using PayPal as a shrowd to obscure their scam while circumventing the spirit of PayPal's policies by intentionally dragging out the process, & wearing down most other consumers. They aren't getting away with this! These are dollar store disposables at best! Absolutely different than the drone in the Zest Ads video on YouTube. The video supposedly shows footage of the Drone X Pro flying steady and taking excellent pictures with it's rotating camera lens. These things won't even power up! The remote control unit has plastic antennas!! These are utter garbage!! Useless pieces of crap. Cheap flimsy plastic and feel like the same grade plastic as wall Mart toys come packaged in. You know, the plastic that fills garbage cans after Christmas day. I've opened a dispute with PayPal. I was able, after losing the ad, to find it while searching for drone ads on Google. I screenshot the advertisement the best I could, I've got good coverage of what they advertise on YouTube. Hopefully, PayPal does the right thing here by terminating this seller's account. I'll keep you posted.
Login to Me Too

Velart10
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Big Money Winner,

I too have been scammed EXACTLY how you and these other folks were. It was Christmas Day, I went onto YOUTUBE to look up a video, an ad popped up first. The Drone Pro. I have been wanting a drone for quite some time and got suckered into their add and even bought an additional drone based on their deal. Your every word matches mine. When I received my "receipt of purchase" from PayPal in this invoice included the same thing as yours. See below.

After reading these complaints from people on this forum, I bypassed PAYPAL and immediately called Synchrony Bank a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] They took my call very seriously, and listened to my complaint and I let them know also, that there is this forum which denotes other complaints regarding ZestAds victims. The representative who I spoke with, says they have a great success rate of refunding victims after a 60 day thorough investigation towards the scammers. She will be sending me a form in the mail to fill out and send back. She also told me, if I am going to make a payment in full to PayPal, subtract what I paid to ZestAds and NOT PAY THAT. She also mentioned, that I will not be charged any interest on those items. Also, advised, was to not contact ZestAds anymore but to let SYNCHRONY BANK take it from here. She was very empathetic and re assured me that their investigative team was the best!   

On my emailed invoice, in quotations below, is what they gave me. It was a lose weight video instead of a drone video.

"Please find the summary of your order below.

Here's a FREE TUTORIAL VDEO on how Amanda managed to lose 49 lbs  withour much effort in less than 3-week's time!
Hope this video helps you as much as she did."

Login to Me Too

JJuan77
Contributor
Contributor
Same to me, 135.00 paid thru pay pay and pay pal credit, nothing has been delivered yet, no info no documents except the receipt email confirmation that has the free Amanda loosing weight video... so disappointing and frustrating!!!
Login to Me Too

Robbg8770
Contributor
Contributor
They got me too and I'm really annoyed. I can't believe with all these complaints, PayPal hasn't done much and my efforts to get a refund from PayPal isn't getting far. This is the last time I use PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Katiesink
Contributor
Contributor
I got all but 28 dollers back. Same exact situation. I replied above to another member as to how I got most of my money back. It was a lot of work and time spent. But I was in a mission to right this situation. Good luck
Login to Me Too

Scottish3472
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same email scenario. I received reply back to forst 10emails from Perfectremains.com The 2nd was from a shippingpartners. Paypal has not aknowledged nor has youtube. In the United states FTC and FCC laws would actually prove to he paypals end for fraud on a massive scale. Paypal processed these payments with or without knowing that Zestads was a scam, they aided in the act of fraud by ommission or with intent. Tu YouTube also allws the ads to continue and unchecked this chinese pop up bilks americans out of millions. I URGE YOU ALL TO FILE A FORMAL GRIEVANCE WITH FCC, FTC, US ATTORNEY GENERAL AS.WELL AS STATE REPS.
Login to Me Too

Stihlmike
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered two drones expected a email confirmation. PayPal emailed me confirming payment. My bank shows payment. Haven't received product.
Login to Me Too

Bigmoneywinner
Contributor
Contributor
Dispute the purchase with PayPal at resolution centre. Report a problem on purchase summary. PayPal's team will handle it.
Login to Me Too

Sshean
Contributor
Contributor
I disputed my purchase of weight loss patches from zestads twice with PayPal and PayPal closed them with no resolution in favor of zestads. So now what?????
Login to Me Too

Jenlyon24
Contributor
Contributor
@Bigmoneywinner Seriously? You are thinking NO ONE here has put in a dispute with customer service and instead they just post "I have complained to Customer Servive and my case is closed." Why do you think they ALL write that? Is your contribution helpful in a forum of people wronged by outright fraud?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.