ZestAds Limited

cjeezy69
Contributor
Contributor

I places an order Dec 29, 2019 and I was attempting to check if my order had been shipped and I came across all of these complaints. I would hate to learn that Paypal has allowed this transaction to go through if there are others that have complained about this seller. I also bought mine from the Facebook ad.

I pray that this is not the case and I receive the Drone that I ordered.  Also, the web address that shows on my order, <removed> is no good. The more I look into this order I find more evidence that I have become the latest victim.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Katiesink,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue where more was charged than was advertised. What type of dispute was opened? Did you select one of the reasons listed in this article, or was it a dispute for a different reason? If the dispute was classified incorrectly, that may have caused it to be closed out. If that is the case, please contact customer service to appeal the decision and request that the appropriate type of dispute be opened if possible.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
353 REPLIES 353

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cjeezy69 

Paypal are a payment processor, if you buy something and tell them to pay for it for you then they will do so.

They don't choose who you buy from, its up to you to risk assess your transactions.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

Facebook does not vet sellers and is full of Chinese sellers selling tat.

Items are CHEAP for a reason.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

UncleDuck1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by charge back  Can you explain? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Pjshe
Contributor
Contributor
Get in touch with you’re credit card company that backed your purchase. (Unless you used PayPal credit) and ask them to charge the item back to the sender. I only have one out of three that I can do that on. PayPal credit doesn’t stand up for us Americans anymore.
Login to Me Too

Jjthomas1967
Contributor
Contributor
I used my PayPal account for the purchase! I've emailed PayPal dispute department. Hopefully they will refund me. Fingers crossed
Login to Me Too

Umizedme
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t hold your breath
Login to Me Too

Ibbigpapa
Contributor
Contributor
I Think it's when they refund your money to your card.
Login to Me Too

Pjshe
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for this info! I’ve learned a valuable lesson using PayPal. They protect the China based company even when the item you receive from the purchase is significantly not as described. I’ll stop using them. Thx
Login to Me Too

mgeller7
Contributor
Contributor
The worst part about PayPal enabling the fraudsters is they actually ruled in my favor...but required me to ship a Zestads fake and fraudulent flashlight to Hong Kong when it came to me from a California address. So to get back 22, we would have to pay over 50 with tracking. When we didn't send a tracking, only a note that this was rediculous and unfair, they said, no tracking no refund, rewarding Zest Ads again.
Login to Me Too

Usernamefraud
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! I'm currently gathering all my emails etc together and filing a complaint with the CA State Attorney General. In the mail tomorrow. 

I'm done trying to deal with PayPal about this. I was charged for something that I did not purchase or authorize. Totally fraudulent 

and I hold PayPal responsible for this.  Something did show up at my address that I refused back to the post office. Paypal wants

me to provide them with tracking etc on something I didn't order. Ridiculous and illegal.  This has been going on since March, beginning to think there are only robots that work for PayPal and all from China!! just done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.