ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

Signed and shared. Thanks! 

It would not surprise me at all if we will be seeing a postcard in the mail from a group of lawyers with instructions on how to join a class action lawsuit against PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Revan1989
Contributor
Contributor

@Pando-Command

I have just received an email from PayPal saying: "We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this case in your favor.  We are unable to take any action on this case because it is not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. "

So I am more than happy to join a group lawsuit against PayPal. Buyer protection kiss my a...

All the best to rest of you guys struggling to get your money back! Hopefully we will be heard!

Michal

Login to Me Too

Ciunas
Contributor
Contributor

Bought the "lightsabre" after seeing the ad on Instagram.  Received it the other day and it's basically a cheap knock-off, a childrens toy.  Valued on the packaging slip at €0.00.  Complete scam and fraudulent advertising.  As far as I know, the guy pictured left is unaware that his ads and product are being used to defraud folk.

lightsabre_scam_01.jpg

Login to Me Too

Ciunas
Contributor
Contributor

Hat off to PayPal, they refunded me within a reasonable timeframe. Very pleased with that as a result.  

Login to Me Too

bosscube
Contributor
Contributor

Sign this petition for PayPal to BAN ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED and all companies like it!

Let's force PayPal to do the right thing, and get our money back from these scammers!

<removed>

Login to Me Too

ssello
Contributor
Contributor

Just filed a dispute with Paypal about those crooks. Will let you guys know how it proceeds.

Login to Me Too

supercharger99
Contributor
Contributor

I have got the media involved with this one I have emailed BBC Program RIP OFF BRITAIN hopefully then can expose ZG tech, Paypal, Facebook and Shopify as the fraudsters they are, 

Hi Rip Off Britain
I would like to make you aware of a scam that is rife on Facebook. It involves a company called ZG Technology Ltd, they are a Chinese based company. Basically the scam is that they advertise products on Facebook using stolen advertising, the product that you receive is not what you order it is a inferior much cheaper product if you receive anything at all. I ordered a collectors quality force FX lightsaber costing $39.95 I received a cheap plastic toy lightsaber worth at most $5 it even stated on the customs declaration that it was worth 5. This company uses Paypal as the company to take payment, this is the only reason that I ordered it as I thought I was protected by their policys. Paypal are complicit in this scam because they have hundreds if not thousands of complaints about this company and do nothing and continue to trade with ZG Tech. Please see the paypal forum to gauge the scale of this fraud.
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/ZG-TECHNOLOGY-CO-LIMITED/td-p/1497476/p...

I am in the position now that Paypal are reviewing the case to see if I get my money back. Zg tech have requested the item to be returned at my expense, obviously this will cost alot to send back to China and I have no guarantee that I will receive my money back. It also states on their website that if you are not satisfied with the product you don't have to return it for items under $70.

there are loads of people effected by this scam please read through the forum on paypal site and you will see how vast this is. Facebook are still running ads for this company even though they are aware that the advertising is stolen and they must have had complaints also.

Please help to stop this in its track, basically Facebook, Paypal, and Shopify are involved in fraud and they are getting away with it.

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@supercharger99

Good Deal!!

The only way I can start to comprehend as to WHY PayPal, Shopify & Facebook continue to allow this to go on is that they have ZERO incentive to stop it.

Heck PayPal gets their 2% whether we get what we paid for or not!!!!

If they stop processing payments for ZG Technology Co Limited then they loose all that $$ I'd venture to say that for every person whose posted in this forum there are 10,000  people who were scammed who didnt & of the 1000's of victims prolly less then half file a dispute. The rest don't know how or just chalk it up to a life lesson..

Heck this is a WORLD WIDE SCAM the scope is mind boggling..

Shopify looses their fee's & the same goes for Facebook _ as we all have seen Facebook would sell their mother & her info for a fee, I dun't know how Shopifys fee structure works if their is a flat rate hosting fee or if they get a percentage of the total sales.

Either way there is no other way for me to make sense as to why none of these companys have taken any actions to curb this for it's very hard to ignore the obviousness of what ZG Technology Co Limited is doing..

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@supercharger99

You know it's been posted in this thread a FEW TIMES by PayPal Volunteers & as by OLIVIA in her famous joke of a SOLVED POST, that Paypal can't tell us if there is an investigation going on with ZG Technology Co Limited due to PayPals privacy policy..

Well I just skimmed thru this PRIVACY POLICY..

the way I read it PayPal can indeed tell us whats going on infact they can tell us who ZG Technology Co Limited really is..

based on these lines

--- COPY & PASTE ---

V.  Do We Share Personal Data? 

We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with others in a variety of ways as described in this section of the Privacy Policy. In addition, our Consumer Privacy Notice provides specific information about the reasons why we share the Personal Data of certain United States residents with unaffiliated third parties.

We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:

With other members of the PayPal corporate family: We may share your Personal Data with members of the PayPal family of entities to, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorized; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements; and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of PayPal products, Services, and communications.

With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf.  These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for our products and Services, or provide customer support. 

With the other parties to transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users, merchants, and their service providers: We may share information with the other participants to your transactions, including other Users you are sending or receiving funds from, and merchants or their service providers when you use the Services to pay for goods or services.  The information includes:

• Personal Data necessary to facilitate the transaction;
  • information to help other participant(s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud; and
  • aggregated data and performance analytics to help merchants better understand Users and to help merchants enhance Users’ experiences. 

With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for PayPal’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:

• if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
  • to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to PayPal or PayPal’s corporate family;
  • if we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
  • to protect the vital interests of a person;
  • to investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any Service;
  • to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
  • in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using a Service;
  • to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals and merchants, such as eBay, Inc.;    

--- END COPY & PASTE ---

OK I'm not a lawyer but it appears to me us "USERS" & this situation that we have over 724 MEE TOO's in this thread would fit into the risk management &/or fraudulent activities class as well as "preventing fraud against PayPals users"..

So I guess by their actions they don't think that ANYONE IS AT RISK OF BEING DEFRAUDED aka: scammed

Well I see that this Friday at the PayPal "COMMUNITY CHAT" thing OLIVIA is gonna be the Moderator we can live chat with.

I think I'll do my best to attend & at least attempt to ask WTF & what was the purpose of her post.

by PayPal_Olivia on ‎Jun-20-2018 05:07 PM

BTW---> Did anyone else notice that theres been a mod or someone of authority monitoring this thread cause the link to the Petition was removed along with a few other edits here & there of email addresses & such?
Like I said their on top of that, but not many replies or help for people who are confused on how to go about filing a dispute or get a refund...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.