ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Thank You for sharing! 

At least I feel validated. I got scammed with a different product ( a wig company advertised on Instagram that pretended to be from New York). Paypal has not refunded my money. And just like in your case, the scammers, provide a fake tracking number with a link that takes me to an "error" page. Eventually, I did my research and found out that they have scammed many other girls. They end up sending five-dollars-party-city- holloweenginish wigs that are not near the quality wigs their fake pictures showed on the add. Hopefully, I get my money back. If I don't I will take the loss and so do PayPal because I will never use them again. The only reason I use them is that I thought they had my back.

Login to Me Too

redemption900
Contributor
Contributor

SCAM SCAM SCAM prices are too good to be true.  I ordered a drone from this place and never received anything.  Paypal doesn't make it much easier to get a refund either. They just rush you off the phone.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redemption900

Yep too cheap / bargain = normally Chinese tat Smiley Frustrated

However you don't need to phone customer services to open a dispute, go and find the transaction in your paypal account and click on it and the 'report a problem' link is at the bottom of that 'details' page, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TOPGUN2
New Community Member

Wish I never dealt with this company they cheat you out of your money by sending goods what dosnt match what is advertised I ordered a camera drone looked similar to the DJI3 .When it arrived its about 1/2 the size of the DJI3 also had no camera also a battery is missing.This drone is very cheaply made very thin plastic.Not worth the money I paid considering it dosnt even match the description.Opened a dispute just hope I get my money back.Whay I cant understand why is Pay Pal letting this company trade with them what with all the bad comments I have read against this company

Login to Me Too

Shadowtiger04

I also was scammed. I fell for the light saber thing as well.  $40 for a $5-7 dollar toy.  I wish I had seen this thread beforehand.  It was supposedly 7 colors and metal, but it was just a junk piece of plastic.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shadowtiger04

Have you opened a paypal dispute?

Or better still if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card talk to your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shadowtiger04

I have opened a dispute, but I don't know how it will turn out.  Apparently a lot of people got scammed by them.  And unfortunately I used Paypal Credit for this purchase.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shadowtiger04

Yes a load of people have been scammed but equally a lot have been refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I have followed through with the PayPal instructions to send the items back as and tracking shows it was delivered July 4 (to seller). Do I have to notify PayPal of this or will they automatically see this and make refund? Also is there an extra step to recover some of the shipping costs? I registered that also before making the claim.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pando-Command

Are you in the UK?

If so then go and find the transaction in your paypal account and as long as you activated the 'return shipping on us' link before you made the transaction then click on that transaction and the return shipping link should be at the bottom of that 'details' page.

If you have entered a tracking number to show the item has been delivered back to the seller then you should get a refund.

BUT I woud follow it up with a phone call to ask c.s. to issue the refund asap as you have done all that has been asked of you.................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.