ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

budmathis
Contributor
Contributor

"Are they really going to give me a $5 watch?"

Probably not.  It'll be worth less.

Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

@Goozombies wrote:

I bought what they said was the hottest watch of 2018. Funny how there wasn't even a brand on it but I managed to find out it was the KW88 retailing for around $100. I got it for $30 including shipping costs. Opened a dispute on the 8th on July once I found out the nature of this company. I haven't received the item yet but I'm going to update the dispute with "product not as described" since the item will be arriving soon. Are they really going to give me a $5 watch? I've saved the confirmation email from them.

Purchased from nicergear.com.

What they are going to send you is some Mickey Mouse Watch...Well actually Mickey Mouse Watches are worth money...What they will send you won't be worth much at all and I'm guessing as far as accurately telling time, you may as well put a stick in the ground and see how the shadow lines up with North and have a boy scout calculate the estimated time of day. Frankly....Don't be surprised if what they send you is a Stick!

Login to Me Too

luuis456
Contributor
Contributor

Do you think there is a possibility that they can send a claim to PayPal for receiving the order even after receiving the refund? or they're too busy making fake web pages

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

Well I suppose it's possible - although that might count as an unauthorised transaction and you might have a good chance with your bank there.

I don't know if you can delete all the payment methods from your paypal account, so now is probably a good time to go get a pre-loaded debit card (for as small an amount as you can)...

- register it on your paypal account

- Delete any other cards you have on there

- Spend all the money on the debit card somewhere (even your morning coffee)

Not sure if they can still pull it from your original card, but its worth a go!

I'd say ZG will be too busy making dodgy web pages to bother anyway.

Login to Me Too

Cummingsfiona07
Contributor
Contributor
I bought this watch through Facebook last week from ZG Technologies, then to find out it is a scam, i am wanting my monies back as this is illegal practise, please advise, thks Fiona, Smartwatch with 360 Rotating HD Camera--New Arrival--FREE SHIPPING OVER$ 30 × 1
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cummingsfiona07

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JonSmak
New Community Member

I have bought a drone too, but it crassed 2 sec after lift off. Now only 3 rotors are working. 
Also bought a second battery, but that one is never delivered. 
Tried to contact te company, but they don't respond anymore.
Is there some help available from Paypal in this case?

Jon

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JonSmak

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

slclews
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received a refund after being scammed by this company and if so how long did you have to wait,

Login to Me Too

Whatishappening
Contributor
Contributor

This company is related to KHG Technology, and three other with what I believe are more in the area around London England.  I lost over $150.00 because I reported no receipt of product.  Paypal started a case then droped it without any reason and locked me from reporting any of the other company's.  I will not use pay pal or any seller that requires payment by Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.