ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

Well PayPal is basically ran by robots (from India or Bangladesh) and could not care less about your communications with them. I give you this example of the email conversation with them. Hope you can follow. (I did remove personal identifiers)

Subject: PP-… Here is the tracking and other information you requested

Ref: PP….  

Here is the tracking information (ATTACHED) and also much other documentation Showing I did return the package to the Address provided by PAYPAL! (Address was given directly by PayPal and according to FedEx and also USPS the address is not valid for delivery). *It seems NONE of the returned packages have made it to this address or any other address that PayPal customers have tried at great expense to return…following PayPal’s instruction!!!  

Also the Company will not respond to my emails (they are also CC to this email and I will bet they will not respond). As you can see, I did exactly as PayPal instructed me to do…Send the item back to the Scammers. I want my money refunded immediately!!!

*Reference < "This forum webpage removed">  the very long list of complaints here and also many telling how their packages when returned, were undeliverable! And why are some getting refunds when some are not??? 

PayPal knows this is a scam and you need to protect me as a customer. This has gone on too long and You (PayPal) needs to honor your word to protect the buyer. 

______________End ____ 

Dear <Me>, Sunday, September 2, 2018 9:12:18 AM (-07:00)

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I realise that this isn't the outcome you'd have wished for, but I hope you understand why we made this decision. While I cannot change this, I will make sure your objection is duly recorded.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Asha
Protection Services Department
PayPal

____END______

After receiving this; (I contacted PP by phone once again and a Manager did Refund my Money in full)

And then I responded to their So Sorry response (above) with>>>

To: PayPal Customer Support : September 6, 2018 12:41:56 AM (-07:00)

That's Ok because I already got the correct person (a Manager) to refund my money. 

signed Me

_______End_____

Then I got this…..as a response telling them I got the refund… (they never bothered to read my correspondence…)

RE: (Removed case #) Here is the tracking and other information you requested

9/10/18 at 4:33 AM

Dear (Me),

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Unfortunately, we can't grant your claim appeal because we were unable to track your shipment.

I realise that this isn't the outcome you'd have wished for, but I hope you understand why we made this decision. While I cannot change this, I will make sure your objection is duly recorded.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Sharath
Protection Services Department
PayPal

Login to Me Too

mario11784
Contributor
Contributor
@Pando-Command That's another reason why I believe one of the best course of action is what we did by "REFUSING DELIVERY OF THEIR PACKAGE" So then the tracking # THEY provided will show that the package was NEVER received or taken possession by YOU the customer & will also show that said package is ON ITS WAY BACK TO ITS POINT OF ORIGIN. Not to mention "YOU / US" THE SCAM VICTIMS don't have to throw good $$ after bad to pay for return shipping. I as well as my Dad & my friend did what I just described & we ALL received FULL REFUNDS within days of refusing delivery of the package. I'm positive I as well as my Dad have posted in this thread how to PROPERLY REFUSE DELIVERY OF PACKAGES &/OR LETTERS FROM THE USPS!!! Also we all actually received the packages we refused delivery on 6wks later cause the scammers put FAKE RETURN ADDRESSES ON THE PACKAGES!!! So how's that for irony, I've also posted pictures in this thread showing the packages that found theyre way back to us complete with all the postal stamps across them reflecting the Delivery Refusals as well as them being undeliverable on the other end.. LMAO
Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

@mario11784 wrote:
@Pando-CommandThat's another reason why I believe one of the best course of action is what we did by "REFUSING DELIVERY OF THEIR PACKAGE" So then the tracking # THEY provided will show that the package was NEVER received or taken possession by YOU the customer & will also show that said package is ON ITS WAY BACK TO ITS POINT OF ORIGIN. Not to mention "YOU / US" THE SCAM VICTIMS don't have to throw good $$ after bad to pay for return shipping. I as well as my Dad & my friend did what I just described & we ALL received FULL REFUNDS within days of refusing delivery of the package. I'm positive I as well as my Dad have posted in this thread how to PROPERLY REFUSE DELIVERY OF PACKAGES &/OR LETTERS FROM THE USPS!!! Also we all actually received the packages we refused delivery on 6wks later cause the scammers put FAKE RETURN ADDRESSES ON THE PACKAGES!!! So how's that for irony, I've also posted pictures in this thread showing the packages that found theyre way back to us complete with all the postal stamps across them reflecting the Delivery Refusals as well as them being undeliverable on the other end.. LMAO

You are exactly right! Except in my case I had no idea it was a Scam till I saw the plastic bag these low lifes sent the two "retail boxes" in. (and then discovered this forum)  I did have a tracking (all be it after a long wait for delivery) that the package was to be delivered on a certain day. We were out of town and I had my daughter (there to feed the cats) take the package inside so it would not get stolen. When I saw the plastic bag and then the beat up boxes...then I said WTH... and then to see the crap inside they sent me. Well you know, the rest of the story.

USPS is telling me that Customs will hold on to it for a while and then it should be shipped back to me. If it gets here by Christmas, maybe I could re-gift it to someone, But actually,  seeing the quality of these drones I'm sure I would be thought of in about the same light as if I re-gifted last Christmas' Fruit Cake.

Login to Me Too

ottoj
New Community Member
I paid but received no product from this company. Have not been able to reach them. Is there a refund policy?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ottoj

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ladyalsina

This company was offering a sale on straight 24in human hair lace front wig. I ordered two, one for $39 and one for $69 back in march 3/28/18 to be exact. My total came out to be $104. I received the hair in May on the 11th, what I got was a hairpiece made of net, and CURLY synthetic hair. I was appalled by what I was looking at. I just couldn't believe what they sent me. I reached out to the merchant numerous of times before I even opened a dispute, and they never once reached back to me. This company is a fraud, and from the looks of it they have exploited not just me but EVERY buyer that has spent their hard earned money on one of the products. This company should be fined for all of the inconvenience it has caused to Paypal's customers and we all should be reimbursed our money that we spent with this company. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ladyalsina

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ladyalsina

The dispute is already open. The seller wants the merchandise back but I have to pay for shipping to China ? when i ordered the company stated that they were in the U.K. I opened a claim with my bank and they stated that Paypal saw the transaction as valid although paypal still have the dispute open. 

Login to Me Too

ladyalsina

This company was offering a sale on straight 24in human hair lace front wig. I ordered two, one for $39 and one for $69 back in march 3/28/18 to be exact. My total came out to be $104. I received the hair in May on the 11th, what I got was a hairpiece made of net, and CURLY synthetic hair. I was appalled by what I was looking at. I just couldn't believe what they sent me. I reached out to the merchant numerous of times before I even opened a dispute, and they never once reached back to me. This company is a fraud, and from the looks of it they have exploited not just me but EVERY buyer that has spent their hard earned money on one of the products. This company should be fined for all of the inconvenience it has caused to Paypal's customers and we all should be reimbursed our money that we spent with this company. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.