ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

Today, PayPal finally refunded my money. ($230) But the only way I got them to do it was to continually call them and finally got the right manager with a conscience that realized I did everything I possible could on my end...and I guess "The Manager" finally had to admit that there is no way to show that the returned package was delivered since it is evident that the company and the associated address is bogus. (although they said they are showing evidence that some have been showing the return did get delivered, to china. 

And yes I had to continually explain that "Gearfun" shop (and ZG Scam) is no longer showing up anywhere. It is now something else...etc...etc.

Yes after 8-10 phone calls, probably 5-6 hours either talking to various script reading robots... I finally got through to a Manager With A Soul.

tip: when you call just keep saying agent till you get through to a person then, escalate as needed to Supervisor...then to a Manager.

Good luck on your journey and don't take No for an answer!

Larry

Login to Me Too

KaNoQc
Contributor
Contributor
I also finally got my refund from Paypal. But I wonder where the money comes from. Certainly not from the fraudsters!! Is it from Paypal? An amount of money they have somewhere as an insurance? The fraud is getting big! How much money Paypal had to refund so far???
Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor
I expect it comes from the next victim... ie when the paypal account has money in it, or gets some money paid into it, paypal take it for the refund. As there's no legit money ever in ZG's account, this is a pyramid scheme on a grand scale....
Login to Me Too

vkiss
Contributor
Contributor

I've bought a smartwatch on 27.06.2018 from ZG Technology for triple price named "discount price" without correct type definition.

I've got it but two days later the display would be striped. After that I've realised that no support no helpdesk, fake address, scam.

The ads and the invoice contains smart watch without correct model definition.

I thing PayPall can avoide this scam with regulation. This company has to be validated webpage and company email address, contact person, etc. 

PayPall has to excluded the scams, because the PayPall model means not just data privacy but also security avoide scams.

So I think PayPall and Facebook can blocking this scams companies.

I hope PayPall can investigate the cases asking some help from local authorities, because it's his essential business interest (I hope)IMG_20180814_103530.jpg

Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email a few days ago saying my claim was denied.....Because my Tracking by USPS (WITH TRACKING) did not show it had been delivered, only that it arrived at a Chinese Facility and Awaiting delivery. If the manager at PayPal is correct, USPS does not track past that point and that you will not get a 'Confirmation of Delivery', USPS tracking stops once it hits a chinese PO. Great to know after Paypal tells you just to use a service that provides tracking (including USPS). Now, about 2 weeks ago I filed an investigation to find the package. (USPS claims it shows tracking to delivery, so the Paypal manager may be lying (to cover up for the scammer?). Now the inquiry says to wait 17-23 days and then I can file a claim (package is insured for $200.00). Now the manager did say I could call them back if the inquiry shows it has been delivered, or that it is Undeliverable to the Address PayPal provided for me....And I would still get a refund. PP Manager said I should have used DHL or one of the more expensive services (crap I thought $58 was plenty to ship back two $5 toys......) So maybe for an extra $30 I would have had the refund...But who knows?

TIP: When calling PayPal just call the number (if you want you can get the one time code but is not required) And then just keep asking for "operator" till they pick up (you will get a person with a heavy accent, probably from India) Ask for a Supervisor (they will still have a hard to understand accent) Then Ask for a MANAGER....They will speak not only English, But American English. They are really the only ones that can actually give you any type of help. The Manager I talked to Admitted that the seller was scamming people, and that Yes, Paypal knows this. But you have to jump through the hoops just right to get them to refund your money.

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting - mine only got as far as "Arrived at facility in destination country" (It's still there weeks after I got my refund).
I didn't even have to ring Paypal - Once the time ran out without ZG responding I got the refund no questions asked!

@Pando-Command wrote:

I got an email a few days ago saying my claim was denied.....Because my Tracking by USPS (WITH TRACKING) did not show it had been delivered, only that it arrived at a Chinese Facility and Awaiting delivery. If the manager at PayPal is correct, USPS does not track past that point and that you will not get a 'Confirmation of Delivery', USPS tracking stops once it hits a chinese PO. Great to know after Paypal tells you just to use a service that provides tracking (including USPS). Now, about 2 weeks ago I filed an investigation to find the package. (USPS claims it shows tracking to delivery, so the Paypal manager may be lying (to cover up for the scammer?).

Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

@mnix1 wrote:

Interesting - mine only got as far as "Arrived at facility in destination country" (It's still there weeks after I got my refund).
I didn't even have to ring Paypal - Once the time ran out without ZG responding I got the refund no questions asked!

@Pando-Command wrote:

I got an email a few days ago saying my claim was denied.....Because my Tracking by USPS (WITH TRACKING) did not show it had been delivered, only that it arrived at a Chinese Facility and Awaiting delivery. If the manager at PayPal is correct, USPS does not track past that point and that you will not get a 'Confirmation of Delivery', USPS tracking stops once it hits a chinese PO. Great to know after Paypal tells you just to use a service that provides tracking (including USPS). Now, about 2 weeks ago I filed an investigation to find the package. (USPS claims it shows tracking to delivery, so the Paypal manager may be lying (to cover up for the scammer?).

@mnix1 wrote:

@Pando-Command wrote:

Looks like PayPal are not treating customers equally. Could it be the amount of refund???
Mine is just under $230.00. was your refund significantly less??

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

A similar amount - $197 USD, or about $272 AUD.  I lost about $12 to the different exchange rates but they refunded the whole $197 USD.

@Pando-Command wrote:Looks like PayPal are not treating customers equally. Could it be the amount of refund???

Mine is just under $230.00. was your refund significantly less??

Login to Me Too

dkschwan
Contributor
Contributor
The first part of my post here is factual info from the web: "PayPal is now worth $61.6 Billion. PayPal processes more than $300 Million in transactions every day and reports that 86% of users are happy with the service." So in order to keep the PayPal lawyers at bay, THE REMAINING PART OF THIS POST IS ONLY MY OPINION AND CONJECTURE AND IS NO WAY INTENDED TO HARASS OR DEFAME PAYPAL OR THEIR BUSINESS OR BUSINESS MODEL: 86% of customers happy = 14% unhappy customers every day. $300 million x 14% = $42 million in unhappy customer accounts each and every day (using linear approximation which is only an estimate). In my opinion, someone's making money at every turn with this company. PayPal is a worldwide company If PayPal refunds short, due to dollar exchange rates, PayPal makes money on the exchange rate and the customer loses money. During the period while the customer waits for their refund, PayPal has your funds to invest and make more money on. ZG Tech is still selling via PayPal, and even with fake returns, they are still making money on their fraudulent practices by continuing to sell their overvalued, overpriced, underperforming, falsely advertised products with PayPal's complicity. The return shipping companies (DHL, UPS, FEDEX, USPS, etc) sending the fraudulent and difficient prouducts back to China are making money on each transaction. So, again, IT IS MY OPINION that PayPal, being the biggest and worldwide player here, is in cahoots with all of the above mentioned. They are all still making money on the backs of us gullible consumers whom are always looking for a "good deal" for purchases online. IT IS MY OPINION that consumers shouldn't help these scammers any longer - ALL OF THEM! Personally, I believe that Amazon does a MUCH BETTER Job with safety, customer service, and authenticity of products for sale. AGAIN, JUST NY 2 CENTS ON THIS ISSUE. Have a good day.
Login to Me Too

dkschwan
Contributor
Contributor
For all of your efforts, YOU are the one still out $12 dollars and someone else has made a profit at your expense.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.