ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Attweller
Contributor
Contributor

Sad to say I got scammed by the same con-artist ZG technology in late May 2018. I ordered 3 replica lightsabers through Facebook as advertised for US$128. When they arrived a month later (and not 7 days as promised) - I realised I was scammed. The goods sent were cheap Chinese knockoffs not worth $5 each.  Only then did I google and learn about the scammer's notoriety. 

I read this paypal community page - and I saw a post advising to call PayPal Customer Service [<removed>] and report. The agent advised me to raise a claim for refund. After a couple of days I received a message from Paypal to return the items to a given address and make sure I have tracking on my post. I checked the return address on google maps and saw that it was a fake return address. 

I called Paypal again - and was told that it was ok - I just needed to send the items and make sure tracking was activated. It did not matter if the address was fake, Paypal would refund me the money if I return the items. I ask how about the postage costs. The agent told me how to obtain a postage refund as well.

So I did follow the instructions - posted the items with tracking and sent the tracking number, as well as the claim for the postage refund. I received the postage refund in 3 days. And I watched the tracking - it took about 7 days for the item to leave Australia and reach China and sit in some facility. Then by the 10th day I received a message from Paypal that my claim had succeeded and they would refund my money. 2 days after that the full sum of US$128 was credited to my paypal account.

Thus, whilst I am miffed that Paypal (and Facebook) still allows this known scammer to operate so blatantly, I must give kudos to PayPal for its refund process. Whilst it took some work getting through the refund process, I managed to get every cent refunded, as promised. 

The moral of the story is - always double check before buying something. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Login to Me Too

Jerrytech18

All sites are related and are scams - never got products  all go thru the same pay pal account. Pay Pal should do a better job on this.   

https://funcreate.shop/
https://pixkol.com/
https://barifox.com/

Login to Me Too

riaz03
Contributor
Contributor
i have ordered a smart watch but what i received is completely different from what was advertised. zg technologies a re real scammer. i am unable to open a dispute on paypal. i dont know what to do to get my money back
Login to Me Too

royalmice
Contributor
Contributor

Finally received my shipment yesterday after almost a month, and as everybody else what i received is TOTALLY different from what was shown on the, now removed website.

The drone received is a plastic toy no bigger than the size of a single large egg... Totally different from the drone shown in the video and on the sales page

So now i have changed my PayPal dispute from NOT RECEIVED to NOT AS DESCRIBED, and now it seems the process is starting over and PayPal is again waiting for info from the seller....

This is a total scan and PayPal is doing nothing to fix this matter.

PayPal do the right thing and refund my money, please

Login to Me Too

SOFOPEN

Was really disapointed, payed for drone, received a not functioning toy... In site there is no mail adress.  Pity to help scammers to rip off customers!

Login to Me Too

Jdobson
Contributor
Contributor
Hi if paypal know this company is a scam why are they allowing them too use a paypal account I also have been stung with two smart watches, I have raised a dispute but have been told to wait for a response from the seller, even looking at there email address and yoy know its fake, so why should i have to wait another week for a response, it is very disappointing knowing that paypal are allowing criminals to use there services, this has been an issue for over 12 months now.
Login to Me Too

Attweller
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with this. Why are PayPal still allowing this company to use PayPal services and bring PayPal into disrepute?? 
I don't understand the logic.
After thousands of complaints, surely PayPal should take action against this scammer.

Login to Me Too

hollbell
Contributor
Contributor

When will be get a refund?  I bought three 4G/GPS DVR mirrors and received the cheap $20 DVR Boxes.  I will not send the items back and lose even more.  Flag their account and refund our money from these scammers.  If Facebook make money off of them, then FB needs to pony up and help with the refund.  This is the reason I use PayPal to ensure a safe and secure transaction.  Seems that PayPal is fulling back from their promise.  I will make sure that I post to social media as much as I can until I get satisfaction.  PayPal does not provide a phone number to call for rebuttal to  solution to send the item back to China when I bought it from a place in California.  If it goes to China at a cost more than I would receive if it is returned successfully.  It may become lost or take forever to get my money back or it will never be seen again.  Lesson learned.  I am looking for another secure method to buy.  I should have used AMEX and they would would have froze their money and provide me with a refund and forced them to pay for shipping back to China.  Sorry for the venting, but I hate getting scammed and PayPal not doing anything about it.

Login to Me Too

MauricioMoura
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same! Here is the video os unboxing (if paypal wont remove it): https://youtu.be/p8_dW4NdWt4

The Devices was advertised as having:

• 4g netwrok support
  • Quadcore CPU running android Lolipop
  • 9" display with full touch support
  • GPS Navigation with lane detection and car/objects detection.
  • Blue Tooth support
  • Dual Lens Car/DVR (front and Rear view).

The only thing i got is a simple Ripoff DVR camera with a 4.3" display inside a rear-view mirror clip-on that only record video or take photos. Nothing else.

Already changed my claiming as not as described on Paypal. Paypal is now waiting for the Seller to reply. Which only indicates paypal is either participating in the scam with over 3 months+ and 1000+ people complaining or the process is all automated and the seller was never flagged as suspicious.

I also got an email from the seller:

Spoiler
Dear Customer
We are reminded of your information and think highly of your complaints. So we promise that you will get our quick respond within 48 hours and appropriate favour from us. Hoping you can understand and waiting patiently.

(NOTE: This is an automated reply from a system mailbox. Please do not reply to this email. Thank you)

Now i am waiting for paypal to receive the answer from them on whatever they say. But i am sure i will not pay another 50 bucks to send it over back to china to a fake address, unless paypal is willing to pay for the postage.

Login to Me Too

Dragonflyer
Contributor
Contributor

Use a credit card to pay.

I used a credit card through Paypal to buy a drone.

When I saw that I was getting nowhere with Paypal, I called my credit card company and had the purchase reimbursed in two days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.