ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PR_Heavy

A lot of people slate Paypal like that until their dispute is escalated to a claim and they get their refund.   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KawaGuste
New Community Member

Bought a drone on cicfun.com (payment to ZG Technologies). Only saw a small toy instead. Paypal would not refund (they require me to send the toy back, which costs extremely expensive, and I will only see a small amount back). Scam from ZG Technologies as well as Paypal.

Login to Me Too

JJ79ty
New Community Member

I have this same problem! 

I'm waiting what PayPal do about it! If nothing I'll do a great add for PayPal, Facebook and Instagram for supporting scam! 
Just look on this product! And find 5 differents! ZG TECHNOLOGY has a lot of websites and all of them selling this same s^%$£! 
So, now I'm waiting to see BUYER PROTECTION by PayPal. 

2 fake drone.jpg

1 fake drone.jpg

4 fake drone.jpg

3 fake drone.jpg

5 fake drone.jpg

Login to Me Too

mking007
Contributor
Contributor

wish i seen this post before buying a smart watch on facebook, looks like ive been scammed as well. UK.

Login to Me Too

Kiwial
Contributor
Contributor
I too have been ripped off by scammers operating out of China. I did as paypal advised and refused delivery. Paypal blocked me off their facebook pages because I was exposing both paypal and the scammers for lack of doing anything to shut down the scams. They are still taking the money out of my account as they said that the tracking information they received wasn't any good . It was the same tracking number as the scammers because I refused delivery. Paypal demand for you to send the fake dodgy children's toys back to the criminals for resale before offering a refund which they refused through their disputes centre. I am going to contact the police over the Scams running out of China being facilitated by paypal by continuing to allow the scams to carry on paypals platform. This is the second time I've lost money through the supposedly safe paypal system. I won't ever be using PayPal again because they are just as bad as the criminals they allow to use its services.
Login to Me Too

p4k7
Contributor
Contributor

After weeks of waiting, things may be looking up for me.  Got an email from Paypal with the following content:

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favour.

You have indicated that a partial refund of $65.95 USD would be
satisfactory.
We were able to recover $65.95 USD, and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow 5 working days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Fingers crossed >.<

Login to Me Too

MiguelS
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe this, I have lodged a case against these people as well. I ordered a drone on one their websites, not realising that the ad and images they used were STOLEN from the DJI website. What i received in the mail was a really poor quality substitute, with none of the features they advertised.

However, PayPal have ruled in the Seller's  favour! Unbelievable!!! How is it that my case is any different to others???

Paypal, can you please provide justification as to why this is?

Login to Me Too

Kiwial
Contributor
Contributor
I've sent an email to my MEP in Brussels about it. Letting them know about the blatant scam paypal are aware of operating out of China and still allowing it to happen even though there are thousands of complaints about it all over the Internet mostly naming PayPal as a concern in its dealings with criminals. I suspect that there are all types of EU consumer laws and regulations being broken by what's going on. Especially when they force you to send fake cheap dodgy products back to criminals before entertaining a refund which in a lot of cases they refuse in favour of the criminals. Our police and Customs destroy fakes at our borders but paypal demands victims of crime send the fakes back to the criminals. Definitely listening to my bank and shutting down my paypal account when it's finally finished. I will be advising everyone I know to avoid paypal like the plague.
Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

I have a feeling this is what is going to come back and bite PayPal in the **bleep**. Some are getting refunds and some are not. If I were you, I would not let this go. If nothing else, You should Google Law Firms that deal with Class Action Cases and see if one of them are willing to take up the case.  These things will stretch on for years but eventually they will get a settlement.

@MiguelS wrote:

I can't believe this, I have lodged a case against these people as well. I ordered a drone on one their websites, not realising that the ad and images they used were STOLEN from the DJI website. What i received in the mail was a really poor quality substitute, with none of the features they advertised.

However, PayPal have ruled in the Seller's  favour! Unbelievable!!! How is it that my case is any different to others???

Paypal, can you please provide justification as to why this is?

Login to Me Too

Goozombies
Contributor
Contributor

So just now, Paypal sent me this email:

Hello Benjamin Mao,

You’re eligible for a refund of $29.98 USD once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction. You must return the item(s) before August 4, 2018...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.