ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

dkschwan
Contributor
Contributor
Elon musk can afford the small percentage of the losses that this ZG Tech vendor costs the PP company. I'm pretty sure that PP just considers this as part of the price of doing business. Even including the cost of their lawyers.
Login to Me Too

Cummingsfiona07
Contributor
Contributor
Bought a smartwatch 360 degree camera through ZG Technology, paid for but never received item, suppose to get it fron noveltygift, why did Paypal allow the payment to them if they are fraudsters, it was a big scam, pls advise on how to get the refund, i have email them and they don't reply, pls help.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cummingsfiona07

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cummingsfiona07
Contributor
Contributor
Evening, so i must wait for almost 180 days to lodge a dispute if i do not received the smartwatch??
Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

No, but it's best to wait a week or two from when you ordered it, otherwise the 20 day limit on escalating the dispute will run out before enough time has gone to show they really didn't send you anything (or what they sent was crap).

@Cummingsfiona07 wrote:
Evening, so i must wait for almost 180 days to lodge a dispute if i do not received the smartwatch??

Login to Me Too

Neilmacd
Contributor
Contributor

I have just been scammed out of £52 by buying a drone of a Facebook ad...should have known better but as this was paid via PayPal felt they would be reputable now I can see this has been ongoing for a considerable time...why are Facebook and also PayPal not shutting this down...can you advise on how I can get a refund

Login to Me Too

borborpa
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here as everyone else.  Case has been opened. I am getting NO response from the seller.  Absolutely ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

cdvideo
Contributor
Contributor

@borborpa wrote:

Same issue here as everyone else.  Case has been opened. I am getting NO response from the seller.  Absolutely ridiculous!!

Don't hold your breath! They will allow you to send back but the cost to send back with tracking cost as much as the items Scammers all the way. I have a case open, the cost to ship a 40 dollar item back, is 58 dollars. So they Won the game.. China Subsidizes the shipping cost that is how they win.

PayPal is no better than just tossing your money into the garbage can You can retrieve it but it will cost you ..............

Login to Me Too

Jeralddoerr
Contributor
Contributor
If you use USPS you can take the pkg back and return the item free of charge ( to the address the pkg came from ) becouse the item was not what was supposed to be shipped.. What people don't actually know is when you pay for shipping your actual paying for 2 ways... it's just like doing a "Return to sender" or "This person is not at this address" the tracking number you will use is the same tracking number the scammers used to send you the item.
Login to Me Too

Jeralddoerr
Contributor
Contributor
https://www.facebook.com/716852251842696/videos/239079543579301/ Scammers new scam.. please go here and post a reply that this is a scam..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.