ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

dipassos
Contributor
Contributor

NC TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED

comprei tambem e nada. o paypal era para devolver a quantia

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

@Mishka7v7 wrote:
🔴I think I figured out this scam. The scammer is from California. But they provide you an address from.china to return. If the seller was sending from china to America. They would lose money for paying for shipping. So the address on the package I got has 2 addresses . One address from china probably a cover up fake address. And one from California. So I'm sure the scammer is from America and using china as a cover up. And they don't send out the item on purpose to pretend it's coming from china..and when you open a case against them. They right away ship it out from California. PayPal needs to be responsible for paying us back and letting this rat get into their system. Someone needs to sue PayPal and Facebook for this. So they refund everyone their money.

I supposed to be ordering from an UK based company and only after open paypal dispute I found the company was ZG crap and crap ld co.

Neve got any message from any reply from seller but after open the dispute paypal sent me a very weird tracking number that starts with RU and finish with NL. Apparently the package is stuck in the Netherlands.

13-07-2018 08:28The item is on transport to the country of destinationPORTUGAL
12-07-2018 13:00The item is processed at the PostNL sorting center
12-07-2018 13:00The item is at the PostNL sorting center
11-07-2018 17:46Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre
03-07-2018 11:21The item is ready for shipment
29-06-2018 09:15The item is pre-advised
21-06-2018 15:42The Item is at the shippers warehouse

I made the purchase june 12 I am in Portugal. Things sent from Netherlands to Portugal usually take 5 business day or less.

The question now is, if the package is being sent from China how come it has a Dutch tracking number?

I just like to have this mess finished but paypal gave the seller more 15 day as for benefit of doubt.

Login to Me Too

p4k7
Contributor
Contributor
So the site I bought my product from (https://newstarry.shop/collections/new-arrivals/products/fly) closed down, before paypal has shown any signs of progress on my dispute. I have the site and product detail saved, but I can't image how Paypal would be able to gather any evidence at this point. If they processed cases faster, maybe this wouldn't have happened... Also, 2 pages of new comments in the community in less than a week....obviously Paypal is overlooking something here. Buyer protection guideline link is broken as well. Hope our privacy won't be compromised next with this kind of operational precision from Paypal.
Login to Me Too

dkschwan
Contributor
Contributor

So, since there is no more "starry Night" website, and It is no longer functioning with a 404 error, I'm sure that this drone thing shown on Face Book is a scam. My question, since PayPal already dismissed my claim and closed it. (I reported it as a fake website, but as an "unauthorized transaction", and that caused PayPal to say no, it was not an unauthorized transaction) Will us, whom ordered drones, receive any type of product and when? They indicated all "orders come from China". But as soon as I received your item has shipped " email, the ZG tech site and the Starrynight site disappeared. Therefore, no way to even track package. If you have received ANY KIND of DRONE from them, please reply.

Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor
The fact that PayPal have let these scammers change their name once again infuriates me. How can you not see these people are fraudulent? Someone high up the PayPal chain really needs to pull their finger out and nip this in the bud. Thousands of people are loosing confidence in the PayPal brand. This could cost PayPal millions in revenue eventually.
Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

@drgr33n wrote:
The fact that PayPal have let these scammers change their name once again infuriates me. How can you not see these people are fraudulent? Someone high up the PayPal chain really needs to pull their finger out and nip this in the bud. Thousands of people are loosing confidence in the PayPal brand. This could cost PayPal millions in revenue eventually.

PayPal just might be setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit based on at least a few factors of how they are handling (or rather not handling) this.

1. Paypal, by now (has known for months) this is a fraud and have not cut off the Thief's Account, ostensibly allowing other customers to be financially harmed.

2. Some Customers have received refunds while others have not, and it also seems some have had to send the items back to receive a  refund, others have not. (we are all under the same protection policy)

3. Paypal (should) know by now that the return address they are giving customers is false, but are still requiring customers to send items back (at buyer's expense) with postal rates higher than the items are worth.

I would not be surprised at all if we will be getting an email from a law firm in a couple of years, notifying us that we are eligible to join in a class action lawsuit against paypal.

Login to Me Too

dkschwan
Contributor
Contributor

...and now, PayPal resolution center will not allow me to refile my complaint to the resolution center as, "item not received" so now what to do??

Login to Me Too

ParmeshN
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, spent 250nzd and got a toy in my mail with smoked, all fake. Am ripped off, paypal has removed all options for me on resolution centre, except for unauthorised activity, what the hell. Not sure how will i get my money back 😞

Login to Me Too

squiss98
Contributor
Contributor

Good day .. Please ... support i have the same prob .. i bought watches from this store ... (ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED) .. their web site no more xist so i cannot refund cuz your system is not allowing it ... its not relevant to pic/presentation video and whole specific at old page ... So can u help em to refund my money back ? its rly differetn watches with different specifications and they looks like 5€ cost watches from China .. not like in website ... Please ... help me .. iam confused and pretty lost 😕 I payed it by paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@squiss98

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.