ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

It goes far beyond mere incompetence - they are VERY competent at getting PayPal to find in their favour in disputes, despite no-one ever having received what they ordered from them.

From what I've seen you have to have a good idea of how the dispute process works, be patient and wait for the response times to pass.
Make sure you are using the correct type of claim - if you receive anything at all, even an empty box, you have to use the "product not as described" claim or PayPal will deny your claim because there is tracking that shows something was delivered.

You also have to show how/why the product supplied is significantly different, which is pretty easy with the drones - the operating range alone is less than one tenth of what the advert says.

It also helps if you have screen shots or copies of the ad, order confirmation page, any emails.

I'd also recommend taking copies of the dispute status - when it gets turned into a claim only the most recent messages are visible in the claim notes!

Login to Me Too

Noluckcity
Contributor
Contributor
Scammed me on 7/4/18.... money back guaranteed right? ...lol
Login to Me Too

greingo

Hoe krijg ik nu mijn geld terug?

Login to Me Too

UgaDaBuga
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for the scam and bought a drone with some other crap
of this ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. becouse its a facebook add + paypal payment - it seemed secure and verified.

My page was newstarry.shop i paid using a credit card through paypal (not through my paypal account tho, my bad).

I am still seeing same/similar adds on Facebook for drones etc.. they are probably the same scam.

Can anyone advice on how to proceed?

Where to report this scaming procedure and how to try to reclaim the money?

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

A few pages back I posted an answer to this with a link to the paypal help answer.

Short version is:

- Create a paypal account if you don't have one already.

- add the card you used to pay to your paypal account

- you should now be able to see the transaction and be able to start a dispute.

My page was newstarry.shop i paid using a credit card through paypal (not through my paypal account tho, my bad).

I am still seeing same/similar adds on Facebook for drones etc.. they are probably the same scam.

Can anyone advice on how to proceed?

Where to report this scaming procedure and how to try to reclaim the money?

Login to Me Too

Moren

I have the same problem than the rest of the college. I have order for a drone in facebook commercials I was invetigating about the seller but when I did the business, I have notice that the company is ZG Technology. I received an email with links to the delivery tracking but the web does not exists and the web of the seller has gone too.

What can I do to get my money back?

Login to Me Too

Fishknots
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I too was a victim of this unscrupulous company. I found an ad on FaceBook for a quad drone and there was a nice video of the drone that was offered. It appeared to be a great deal on a nice one. 

I purchased it and did not receive it for a month and a half. I went online and asked about the shipment and was met with a notice where their website should have been that their site was off line! Repeated requests for either the product I purchased or a refund went unanswered by way the only email that I was supplied when I bought the item.

Finally, almost two months after purchasing the item, I received it in the mail. What I got was a tiny little cheap toy drone that looked to be worth about $5, maybe $10 at the most. I immediately emailed ZG Whatever they called themselves and no response....period. I waited for a couple of weeks and still no response to my repeated emails.

So I opened a complaint through my trusted PayPal....who claimed to have my back....or so I thought. 

After the allotted time, I escalated the complaint to PayPl and eagerly awaited my refund (as so many others had successfully received on their bait and switch orders), but then I get an email from PayPal that my complaint had been closed because I had not escalated it to PayPal in time, which I most certainly DID! 

But because they closed it I could not open it again. Great way to back me up PayPal! Not cool!

Now I am out the $75 bucks that I paid for this piece of garbage and because PayPal ignored my proper adherence to their protocol, I am **bleep**. And the best part is that there are hundreds of complaints about this company on PayPals own website. So they are no stranger to the antics of this company.

Thanks a lot PayPal for having my back!

**bleep** by a dishonest and repeat offender of a seller and by PayPal! 

Nice!

Login to Me Too

marklloyd333
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
Thank you for your email, can I ask for evidence to support their claim such as a signature that the item was delivered as I have not received it. If you read through the online forum regarding other complaints regarding this company it's a wonder that they are still able to do this, it's seems like I have lost my money and i except that i have been scammed however i will be reporting this scam to the relevant authorities and Facebook as they advertise their products through their web page i will also share my experience with my Facebook friends so they don't lose their money either.
Auto Response to Inquiry (KMM302985147V17693L0KM) :ppNA
Thanks
Mark

Login to Me Too

EdDGNL
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered a drone for 100+ dollar, but product is a scam, nothing like description. I got a cheap few dollar toy.Tried to contact the seller by support page, but domain does not exist.Then I found out this seller is a well known fraud, a thief with at least 30 fake shops. And also Paypal has known about this illegal activities for a very, very long time looking at 99(!) pages and 1000 people of complaints about this seller.There is also another page with exact the same complaints about exactly the same seller.Why Paypal is actively supporting fraudulent sellers is a mystery to me. But the promise of Paypal is clear: buyer protection. Instead, the protect the con, the thief, the scam artist! Now I have to send back the flimsy toy, so the con artist can send it again and keep making victims, with a constant support from Paypal. And the cast?, 25euro to send it back, Paypal, altough promising buyer protection; is not going to refund so I still am the victim of a crime, and Paypal does not protect the buyer, they protect this new type of scam: bait and switch. For this I stopped using Paypal all together and will make sure all my Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instragram connections will know about it and hopefully pass on the truth about the biggest scam of all: Paypal buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

diamono
Contributor
Contributor

As many others, I was also scammed by this company on a drone.  To add insult to injury, PayPal resolution only gives me a choice of canceling or sending product back to China.  The address provided was not acceptable to any shipping companies.  Attempting to use PayPal resolution chat resulted in a PayPal employee telling me that they would get me a valid address and they never did.  An additional kick in the pants was that the ship from address on the received package was from California.  Not sure why I have to ship to China when it was shipped to me from within the USA.  PayPal resolution offered no options to provide additional information or contest the decision.  I also believe the PayPal (and Facebook) is complicit in this scam in that they allow payments to go through to this entity even though they change their company name about every month.  I've literally seen the exact same Facebook ad for the drone under three different company names since I made my order.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.