ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

tomp1193
Contributor
Contributor

Every day there are four or five new pages at least selling drones etc on FB. All the pages have the same format. After a while it becomes easy to recognize that these are the scam sites. On these pages I leave comments warning people that these are scammers and I also include a link to this forum.  Since late April I am now blocked from making comments on 35 of these pages on FB. I would advise everyone else to do the same thing when they see similar pages.  DJI's drone videos are used mostly but so are Swellpro's videos. These are genuine companys and their drones cost $800 and above. The Swellpro one costs $1500.  If you want to buy cheaper products from China go to well know sites that have a good reputation and you will also see loads of reviews on each item before you buy one. Aliexpress and Banggood are examples of trusted sites 

Login to Me Too

Burtmister123
Contributor
Contributor

I had two disputes open and they were well past the 10 days waiting for a response from the seller. I emailed PayPal using the "contact us" method requesting the status of these apparently stalled disputes. 2 days later I received refunds for both items. So if anyone has "stalled" disputes I would contact PayPal either by phone or the email link. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Login to Me Too

pepeuve
Contributor
Contributor

Last January I made a claim and PAYPAL gave the reason to the seller who said that the package had been delivered to me.
I have written CORREOS ESPAÑA certifying that said tracking number was delivered in a different location (one hundred kilometers from Málaga / Spain) and to another person.
I sent a certified letter to the Paypal Central (Luxembourg) attaching this certificate and PAYPAL has laughed at me.
How he teases me

Español:carta certificada  PAYPAL.jpeg

En Enero pasado hice una reclamacion y PAYPALle dió la razon al vendedor quien decía que el paquete se me había entregado.
Tengo escrito de CORREOS ESPAÑA certificando que dicho tracking number fué entregado en una localidad diferente (a cien kilometros de Málaga/Spain) y a otra persona.
Envié carta certificada a la Central de Paypal (Luxemburgo) adjuntando dicho certificado y PAYPAL se ha reido de mí.
Como me toma el pelo.

Login to Me Too

JerseyJim77
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for 6 weeks to get PayPal to refund my purchase with ZG/NC Technologies.  They claimed it was under review and would be resolved by 7/24/18 but nothing happened.  Finally I called them, ran the rat's maze of voice menu, waited on hold and finally got a human being.  "Vanessa" looked into it and found out PayPal has been sitting on a request for translation of the address for return since 7/5/18.  They will not refund until I pay for and return the junk drone and get a delivery confirmation.  It would have been nicer if they said this a month ago.  In the meantime no emails (three to date) to the seller has been replied.  

My disappointment with PayPal falls into these areas:

1) Disputes take too long and they drop the ball or ignore requests for information.

2) The support/contact/status links on the PayPal resolution center website are circular and deliberately obfuscated.  An email request was auto-replied with a FAQ I had already seen four time.  It took me 15 minutes to finally find a phone number to call.  Then I was given another runaround in the voice menu.  

3)  Looking at the forums, many many PayPal members have experienced the "drone scam" yet PayPal continues to support this fraudulent vendor.  At what point will they finally realize these people should not be allowed to use PayPal to defraud members?  Facebook also needs to clean up their act.

Login to Me Too

pepeuve
Contributor
Contributor

It also appears on my mobile in ads of:
2umagic.com
myluckygift.com
HISTYLISH
And the one that scammed me: noveltygift

Spanish

Tambien aparece en mi movil en anuncios de:
2umagic.com
myluckygift.com
HISTYLISH
Y la que me estafó a mí: noveltygift

Login to Me Too

pilotgaul
New Community Member
I order some items from ZG tech and found it is a scam... Can anyone help me to get my money back, I mean how can I proceed with this problem, I pay it through PayPal....
Login to Me Too

Sr_Crema

Hello there.

I ordered an Iron Man Hulkbuster figure 1/12 scale. Something like this, according to the ad:Fraud.png

And I receive this **bleep**ing piece of **bleep**:

20180712_195323.jpg

What can I do? I paid 35'98USD for this. This is a scam...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sr_Crema

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

a207700
Contributor
Contributor

I was frauded by this company as well. I opened a dispute and refused the package as it was clearly not what I ordered. Paypal has sided with the scammers. I am willing to contribute to anyone hiring a lawyer for a class action suit against Paypal! They are aware this company scams customers but still allows them to operated and appears to be a complacent business partner. Its time for Paypal to pay as well!

Login to Me Too

gliv52759
Contributor
Contributor

We thought you'd like to know that we've added a credit to your PayPal account.

• Credit date: July 18, 2018
  • Amount: $111.93 USD

I got my refund today. I had exhausted all the options for the PP Dispute system. I was asked to return the drone I purchased to China. I called PP today and explained my case calling out ZG Tech and referencing to their bad practices and scams. I also explained the return address is bogus and there's no way to track the return shipment. I also made reference to the 99 pages of complaints on this forum. I was issued a refund and I was told to keep the drone also.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.