ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Red75
Contributor
Contributor

I don't mean to jump **bleep** . . . haha ship like this, but I think I'm going to cancel any and all associations I have with Paypal.  I have lost ALL of my trust in them, and consider my financial and personal information ENDANGERED because I have an account on this site.  I was considering continuing to use this clandestine group of GODKNOWSWHAT for future purchases, but I don't think that's a good idea.  This problem is ballooning out of control.  I have seen literally dozens of these sites TODAY ALONE.  Last week it was maybe, like, 3 or 4 per day.  Something VERY suspicious and VERY wrong is going on here.  At the VERY LEAST Paypal is guilty of putting profit before customer service, which is one of the cardinal sins of retail.

I don't feel safe here anymore.  

GET OUT NOW, my friends.

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@Red75

Do you also notice that 99.9% of those scam sites are hosted on SHOPIFY ??

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING FROM ANY COMPANY EVEN IF THEY WERE SELLING COMMUNION WAFERS IF IT WAS USING SHOPIFY AS A HOST/STOREFRONT..

AS I have said SHOPIFY is a haven for scammers, thieves & fraudulence!!!!

Someone tell I am wrong..

ZG Technology Co limited (HKG Technology ) or whatever they're calling themselves today have like 40+ on SHOPIFY alone not to mention this epidemic of Facebook scam Drone, Robot & smartwatch ad's from the SAME CAST OF CHARACTERS its only getting worse.

when I surfed through Facebook today I got 4 scam DJI Folding Drone ad's, from 3 diff companies all showing the $1000 DJI SPARK Drone for $39-$69 ALL OF WHICH WERE HOSTED ON SHOPIFY, now by now we all know that None of these Chinese drop shipping SOB's are sending out DJI Spark Drones theyre sending out those cheap "kind of look-a-like" $15 toy drones.. Same goes for everything & anything else they have on those sites no one gets anything thats actually pictured on those sites you get some crap in a envelope with a tracking # so they can show Paypal that they shipped you something, them we're left with having a fit trying to explain to PayPal that they sent you a POS item that they want you to ship back to China.

Thats why I say, if your reading this thread & you did not get your package yet REFUSE IT WHEN IT COMES, don't be silly & think "well MAYBE they actually sent me the drone in the ad.. lol... It ain't happening" REFUSE delivery this way you don't have to ship it back it goes back on their dime, the tracking info will reflect you didn't take delivery & you'll get a refund cuz the crap item is being returned to sender..

Login to Me Too

Jayboone
New Community Member
So I purchased something through PayPal from facebook and it billed it to at technologies ...looked them up and apparently they are a fraud .. w hat do I do now and is there any way to get money back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayboone

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Solarvm
Contributor
Contributor

SOLVED it says?

What a BS!

PayPal is part of it, don't expect them to play on your side. They will throw every trick possible to not make a refund.

Trick #1. They will never allow you to cancel the transaction even if you ordered a minute ago.

Trick #2. (looks like it is used for orders > $100) ZG creates shipping label and doesn't ship waiting for claim being raised. Then PayPal notifies ZG and they ship it out. Case closed, once item received you "can't open second claim on the same transaction" (c) PayPal

Trick #3. For cheaper orders. Once you receive ZG's broken-one-dollar-worth piece of junk and open the claim - ZG responds with "Ship it back, but we can accept DHL/UPS only". WTF?! When you escalate to PayPal, PayPal simply sides ZG and says "refund after shipment returns to the sellers address"
Trick #4. After #3 - you have no other option under the Resolution Center than submit the tracking. Any messages regarding the dispute via Message Center will get ignored or served canned response "return the shipment and provide tracking no"
Trick #5. The address they give you in #3 - is fake. So you will just waste your money (more than stuff costed) and it will never get signed delivered.
Trick #6. After you keep bombing them with messages or calling - they will advice to "appeal" via the appeal button that was already REMOVED by Paypal from Resolution Center UI
Trick #7... and more to come from PayPal i guess
----------------
My personal experience (got hit by lightsaber scam) - #3,4,5,6
================
Seems like PayPal is in such a bad shape, so they do all of these for their % cut from ZG even understanding they will suffer huge reputation losses

Login to Me Too

Iggie9
Contributor
Contributor
Nail on the head, great post
Login to Me Too

Pawel2018
Contributor
Contributor

I get Scam same way #1,3,4,5,6

on the customer service i spend 3 minutes just conform my details then i was waiting over 20 min  on the line waiting for the free agent  i give up 

there is any way to get money back ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pawel2018

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pawel2018
Contributor
Contributor

paypal.JPG
paypal2.JPGI

I'm afraid it's not working for me

10 minutes after i make payment i open case and looking to cancel my transaction  14th June after  20 days seller provide tracking number he ship something at 3 July  and after that i need waiting up to 26 July its  42 days in total waiting without money and item. paypal3.JPG

it's so far reported here by  over 900 people and still they selling on Facebook cheap item pretending  it's high quality 

so could you tell me how i can get refund my money ?

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@Solarvm

That is EXACTLY why I say once you see that they will NOT let you cancel the order, when the package FINALLY shows up at your house to REFUSE DELIVERY!!!!

When you refuse delivery it's gets RETURNED TO SENDER, Let the Post Office sort out the Return address written in traditional Chinese.

Also the tracking # that ZG Technology Co limited ? HKG Technology provided to PayPal will show that the package is on it's way back to point of origin & you NEVER took possession..

No BS with having to sort out Where/How & pay for shipping it back to the Scammers.

I think some people don't refuse delivery because they're thinking that maybe by some miracle ZG Technology actually sent them the item shown in the AD.

I have yet to read a post from a satisfied ZG tech/HKG Tech customer on unsatisfied **bleep** off VICTIMS ..

That ie just my opinion & what I have done to get a refund I received a 100% refund 3 days after I refused delivery.. I was NOT going to accept that package when I had tried to cancel my order for weeks before ZG provided the 1st fake tracking.

it went down just as SOLARVM posted.

I had sent 15 emails to ZG to 6-7 different email addresses 1/2 the emails came back "UNDELIVERABLE PLEASE CHECK EMAIL ADDRESS" the rest just went unanswered.

My friend refused delivery & he received a refund from Paypal also my son opened the package & now he has a $129usd piece of crap useless toy that sorta resembles a miniature $12 drone it's actually laughable that such a POS drone is actually being manufactured somewhere for its basically a bunch of plastic pieces that barely fit together properly that at best is a "DISPLAY DRONE" sorta like the fake dummy phone that they have on display @ the cellphone store..

My son didnt have the patience to deal with the dispute process when ZG Tech started playing their games with him, he just chaulked it up as a learning experience. RIGHT THERE IS A PROBLEM ALSO TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE TOO EMBARRASSED, DUNNO HOW OR SAID **bleep** IT THEY GOT ME...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.