ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

JESUSandMARY
Contributor
Contributor

On June 6 my girlfriend saw an ad on FB for a Drone (being advertised as the DJI Spark drone) which let her to this website from ZG TECHNOLOGY where I made the purchase with PAYPAL for $89.58 with express shipping.  The express shipping never happened.  She made the purchase because she trusted in PAYPAL as the money handler in case here was any problems.  Cicfun dot com

She then received a China Post tracking number that never worked.  So we contacted the seller who had 2 different emails and ZG TECH never responded on June 13th we placed a claim with PAYPAL about the shipping and they responded as usual to wait on the seller.  This is where I began to investigate and discovered that the original purchase site was no longer working and there were now more FB ads running with the same Drones and different lower pricing of $49 USD.  This is when I suspected it could be a scam.  But how could PAYPAL allow a seller to do this?   

Still no response from Seller ZG TECH, and the claim was in escalation level with PAYPAL.  At this point we just wanted out $89.58 USD refunded.  But Paypal kept saying that they had to wait for more info from ZG Tech.  On June 21st we received a letter from the post office that the package with the China Post was stuck at customs and we had to send a copy of the invoice.  So we emailed that invoice and on July 6th we picked up the package and had to pay $32.88 for customs duties!  So now we were at $122.46 USD We emailed all this to Paypal and they never responded.

Upon opening the package that came from The Netherlands I saw that the Drone was not the one advertised not even close to it.  I searched for it by the name (S9 drone) on the box and it was a $20 junk toy that did not even work.  On June 7th we sent in images and receipts to PAYPAL and no response.  Now I was really upset and called PAYPAL and their rep calmed me down and said don't worry you money is safe and you will be refunded.  So he escalated the claim and changed it from late shipping to not as described.  After hanging up I did some more investigating and discovered a PAYPAL Community Disputes and Limitation post with the title ZG TECHNOLOGY CO LIMITED on here on here on Paypal where disputes against ZG TECH had been going on since March 2018.  Now I felt used and that Paypal knew all about this and never told us back on June 13th when we placed the claim.  SHAME ON PAYPAL for that.  You can find the link on here or by doing a search on the internet.  I found it on Facebook under angry and upset folks that had been scammed also from ZG TECH and PAYPAL. 

Yesterday, Paypal emailed us saying to return the worthless Drone that does not even work back to the scam artist seller ZG TECH and that is when I researched the return address.  

The return address on the package read

<

removed>
The Netherlands

Here are the results of this so called legitimate return address that does not exist.  NOW I KNEW THAT THIS WAS A WELL ORGANIZED SCAM and possible PAYPAL was in on it.   Copy and paste that address on google and you will see all the reports from EBAY and PAYPAL on that address in the Netherlands: OPEN YOUR EYES PAYPAL!

Paypal has lost their mind if they think that the return address of this scammer seller really exists and they actually think we am going to waste more time on this ridiculous situation.  Imagine we return the package and then wait months to see what happens.  NO WAY!

This case seems more like PAYPAL has been scammed by ZG TECHNOLOGY and now they want our hard earned money from honest paypal members to just sit back and forget about this.  That is BS!

PAYPAL as the trust third party money handler should be responsible and from all the facts presented here is to blame for not having removed this seller ZG Tech back in March 2018. 

PAYPAL Refund our money and live up to your reputation!   
Jesus and Mary
Login to Me Too

luuis456
Contributor
Contributor

on June 16 I bought 5 smartwatch W1 for a price of 160 dollars, the next day I opened a dispute and 7 days later raised the dispute to claim, the 10 days passed and ZG TECHNOLOGY did not show, it still appears as "waiting for response from seller ", 6 days have passed and I still have not received paypal news about the refund for having won the claim, sorry for the translated English

Login to Me Too

pepeuve
Contributor
Contributor

On the 10th I bought a SPARK DJI
Yesterday, the 11th, I called PAYPAL because I suspect that, after having found this forum, it is a possible scam.
PAYPAL does not give importance to everything that is written in the forum about this "swindler".
I have an open dispute in PAYPAL but from what I read in the forum, I doubt that I can recover my money.
When the package arrives, I will record the opening of the package.
What do you think I'm going to find?
Will there be a SPARK dji inside?
Or will there be a mini drone crap?
If I raise the claim to dispute do you think that PAYPAL will return the money ?.
On another occasion I was cheated by a Chinese seller and PAYPAL cheated me and I did not receive the money back because I never received the package and I do not know what it contained either.

El día 10 yo compré un SPARK dji

Español:
Ayer día 11 llamé a PAYPAL pues intuyo que, después de haber encontrado este foro, que se trate de una posible estafa.
PAYPAL no le da importancia a todo lo que se escribe en el foro acerca de este "estafador".
Tengo una disputa abierta en PAYPAL pero por lo que leo en el foro, dudo que yo pueda recuperar mi dinero.
Cuando llegue el paquete grabaré en video la apertura del mismo.
Que pensáis uds que me voy a encontrar.
¿Habrá dentro un SPARK dji?
¿O habrá una porquería de mini dron?
¿Si elevo la reclamación a disputa piensan ustedes que PAYPAL me devolverá el dinero?.
En otra ocasión me estafó un vendedor chino y PAYPAL me engañó y no recibí la devolución del dinero pues nunca llegué a recibir el paquete y que tampoco se sabe que contenía.

Login to Me Too

mario11784
Contributor
Contributor

@pepeuve

I can tell you whats NOT going to be in the package & thats a DJI Spark..

Your gonna get a Spark knockoff, some of the people who have purchased from the DJI Spark Facebook ads from ZG technology co limited ? HKG Technology have gotten a JD-20 Folding drone which is a cheap Chinese  DJI Spark look-a-like knockoff with specs different from whats in the advertisement/store you got it from.

Here is the JD-20 that people in this tread have posted pictures of what they received from ZG tech when they purchased what you did..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLeo14mUGT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swqhdu8Sd4Q

you say wheres Waldo - I say wheres Olivia

Login to Me Too

slclews
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone actually received a refund after being scammed by this company. My dispute has been going for months with minimal updates from Paypal I am a very  disappointed customer

Login to Me Too

marzouk
New Community Member

i have buy buy no updates from customer i buy from justlife site and i see the payment go to ze technology company !!!

no replies from the customers !!!

Login to Me Too

riggwelter
Contributor
Contributor
I paid £84 for a drone but what arrived was the cheapest poorly manufactured and not even £30 in value. I'm sure many other people have been taken in by this company. Any advice on getting my money back for this cheap plastic toy Cheers Tony
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@riggwelter

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

HOWEVER ...................

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.
In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you buy from a business in the UK then you can normally recover those return costs via the small claims court although most UK businesses would reimburse you anyway. (BUT if you choose to buy from a private or international seller you may not have that option).
You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mdp716
Contributor
Contributor

This company is aggressively selling drones on Facebook - the link attached to the ads currently takes you to a website called NewStarry.

What they advertise and what you actually get are entirely different.  The product you get is a drone that is not even an inch wide which is no where close to what is depicted on their website.
It is a scam.

I currently have an open complaint with PayPal and find it ENTIRELY unacceptable that I see so many other complaints about this company and yet PayPal is still processing their orders.

Login to Me Too

herchenx
Contributor
Contributor

Did you actually receive the drone?

I ordered June 28, same Facebook ad. I realized I had an error on my order and sent several emails and got no reply.

I've been growing concerned and now I see that there are numerous complaints against this seller. I can't see any tracking information (it just says that it hasn't received the package yet)

I requested they cancel my order and issue a Paypal refund, we'll see if they get back to me. I copied all three email addresses I've received or found on their website and in the paypal and order confirmations.

I haven't filed a paypal cancellation request, they ask "have you contacted the seller?" so I am jumping through that hoop at the moment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.