ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Red75
Contributor
Contributor

That one is a scam too?  As well as the Batmobile, I bet.  They got me with the BB-8.  Sorry to hear about your troubles.  

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

JamaStewart
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered an item from this company before doing enough research.

This is what was advertised:

Marvel Legends Captain America Shield.jpg

This is what was received:

20180707_125035.jpg20180707_125100.jpg

The item is in direct violation of Intellectual Property Rights Law:

17 U.S.C. § 501 (copyright infringement);

17 U.S.C. § 506(a)(1)(A) and 18 U.S.C. § 2319(b) (criminal copyright infringement for profit);

Which means PayPal is aiding and abetting with IPR Violations by continuing to do business with this company.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamaStewart

May be best to actually do some research before purchasing from Chinese websites.

You choose who you buy from not Paypal, if Paypal get enough reports regarding a company then they may well take action but equally you should check who you are buying from..............

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor
What makes it a clear violation in my eyes and I hope the law is the fact it's been going on for several months and PayPal has done nothing. I hope PayPal' s legal team are good 🙂
Login to Me Too

Faye2016
New Community Member
Received an item from ZG technology co limited which is the wrong colour, style and very poor quality. I wish to request a refund and return the item but received no documentation with the item so unable to return it. The I d number is 27D3920933189463X how do I proceeded thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faye2016

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Red75
Contributor
Contributor

Up until this mess PayPal has been a great company for me.  Convinient, dependable.  Hey, maybe ZG TECHNOLIGIES has connections to the Illuminati.  That's why they're getting away with this. 

Login to Me Too

PogiMan
Contributor
Contributor
What a waste of money. They send me a different drone! I want my money back!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PogiMan

To open a dispute:

Note:

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor
Although I appreciate your efforts @kernowlass, all the advice provided is useless. Read though this thread, most people have raised disputes and lost. I lost mine because the tracking information provided said my parcel was left in a porch that my house doesn't have. Lots of others have been told to send the crap back to the seller and the address provided is fake. Only a couple of people have received their money back due to not receiving goods. PayPal are flat out ignoring the facts and relying on voluntary advisors to try and firefight the response while doing nothing to disrupt these scams. All you're really doing is reciting the small print PayPal are hiding behind. Facebook is now full of these scams from more scammers no doubt as they can easily get away with it. If I was a dishonest guy, I'd be setting up shop right now as it's as easy as taking candy from a baby. Why don't you go and push these complaints further up the management chain so something actually gets done. Surely PayPal can see this is going to devalue PayPal as a business?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.