ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

Kaliedrad
Contributor
Contributor
My cheque has been cleared through paypal on behalf of ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED for a 69.00 drone. I have paid and nothing has been delivered. No word from. ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. This needs to be stopped.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaliedrad

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@Kaliedrad

this is going to sound strange but under the circumstances it would be a GOOD THING if ZG Technology doesn't send you anything cause then it's a slam dunk for you to get your $$$ back..

I dunno if you have been reading here but if ZG Technology does send you this drone you'll be back here asking how to send it back cause it DEFINITELY is not gonna be the drone you saw in the ad.

They show you 1 drone in their ad's & send you a different cheap crap drone that has much much different specs then the one you paid for.

Trust us if def gonna be nothing like a DJI Spark, you get some $12-$15 cheap Chinese knockoff.

There has to be 50-60 posts here over the bait & switch Drone scam from Facebook & Instagram ad's..

Don't think ZG Tech has given anyone the same items that they show on their 40 -50 Shopify sites ..

I'll tell you exactly how this will go, you'll file a dispute with PayPal cause you didn't get any shipping info from ZG tech , about 7-18 days later ZG tech will answer the dispute with a tracking# half the times that tracking# is fake other times it isnt & you'll tell PayPal whats up with the fake tracking? they'll contact ZG Tech then ZG tech will give a good tracking, some "weeks" later a "ENVELOPE" will show up with a crushed box inside if any box inside will be a cheap crap drone that may look somewhat similar to the drone in the ad BUT NOT THE SAME.

You'll then ask for refund per PayPal buyer protection policies, then if it's your lucky day Paypal will give your a refund straight away, but in most cases it draws out for some weeks & PayPal will deny your claim cause they'll say that the drone in close enuff - deal with it or PayPal will tell you to send it back to China for a refund. Then the game starts trying to get a valid return shipping address for the scammers, finally when you get a shipping addy you'll have to pay like $25-$60 to send the junk back with the proper tracking & documentation..

If you read ALL the posts in this thread that's how this has gone for EVERYONE.

As I stated I got my $$ back so I don't have to be here, BUT these **bleep** **bleep** me off so much I'm gonna help support any & all of their victims for many aren't as tech/internet commerce savvy & don't know where to turn & PayPal seems to let scam victims fend for themselves**

** = If you notice the only official PayPal representatives response to this was a nonsense word salad "no response- response" & called this SOLVED to give the appearance they're on the case, when in fact ZERO has changed everything is the same as day 1 of this FIASCO.

thats why I say Call your bank/credit/debit card company of whoever & try to do a charge-back that way, so PayPal has to pay some fees instead of ZG tech tech paying PayPal with other scam victims $$$, Its ABUNDANTLY CLEAR THAT THE ONLY WAY PAYPAL WILL DO ANYTHING IS IF THE SCAMMER COST THEM $$$ CAUSE AS IT IS PAYPAL IS PROFITING FROM PEOPLE BEING SCAMMED.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WileC0yote

Can you point out where someone from Paypal has replied to this thread?

I have looked and can only find 1 page of responses and nowhere can I see that Paypal have replied or marked anything as solved?

Did you mean its on the other thread?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Burtmister123
Contributor
Contributor

Very 1st page, 2nd post down. She says she 's marked it as solved, but only to keep it at the top of the list. But as far as I can tell nothing has been done by PayPal to actually stop this scammer or in helping us get our funds back.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Burtmister123

Thanks for that, found it now, cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Yes when Olivia replied,

I dunno that post really rubbed me the wrong way, you mean she found the need to make this thread a "STICKY" by marking it solved?

i visit this forum everyday & it doesn't look like marking this thread SOLVED keeps it on top or makes the ZG Technology Co limited Fraud/scam thread easier to find.

It's my firm belief it was marked SOLVED purely for appearance purposes, as well have directly challenged her claims about not being able to disclose info with PayPal's own TOS & privacy documentation.

I don't want to debate or bicker with ANYONE I'd just like for Paypal to at least acknowledge as the old saying goes  "something is rotten in Denmark" when it comes to ZG technology Co Limited & their practices..

I'd go as far as to say illegal & without a doubt immoral.

As well as uphold their buyer Protection claims,

Not looking to put you on the spot, BUT you have seen the pictures of the ad's & what people are receiving, its a no brainer .

As I said no not asking PayPal to play internet cop nor be every PayPal users Guardian Angel to make good for peoples bad purchase decisions or even from people doing dumb things with their $$$.

But this is a straight forward Bait & Switch, I mean really.. Anyone who saw/see's the ads can see they're showing a highend name brand Drone, Finely machined aluminum & stainless steel components on their Lightsaber ads, show machined metal parts for that articulating Ironman glove, 100% Human hair wigs, only to receive miniature cheapo drones, plastic dime store light sabers, & a vinyl glove with a plastic jewel glued on it, .99cent PartyCity Cosplay barbie doll wigs. I didn't even get in to smartwatch, RC Car/Truck/speedboat or Dash-Cam scams...

I'm sorry if anyone finds some of my posts crass or rude it's not my intention to be vindictive, it's just that ... well I'd say 99% of the victims who have posted in this thread said that one of the main contributing factors for them making their purchase from the ad they saw was the Paypal Logo along with the words "100% $$ back guaranty you will get exactly whats in the ad & you don't have to send item back" as them plastering the paypal buyer protection claims prominently right next to the ADD TO CART button.

I feel paypal has treated these people like their the ones who did wrong, they put all the burden on the victims here..

Heck look at the BS they gotta go through just to get a valid return shipping address!

So I apologize if in outta line, but I'll keep yelling & encouraging the people who've been scammed to not give up or get discouraged.

For I firmly believe for every scam victim in this thread there's 1000's of others...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WileC0yote

You carry on yelling I don't have a problem with that, you are trying to save folks from being scammed the same as I try to every day on here.

I do try to point out how folks can open disputes AND why the often are supposed to return the items back to the seller and Paypals policies on that so they are aware of the facts BUT it does not mean that I always agree with those policies.

So you carry on holding the flag for the victims, I hate scammers just as much as you do but I suspect that the more negative reports Paypal get about this company is one step nearer to them being stopped from using Paypal.............hopefully.

But I equally like to show folks that they should read up on buyer protection first so that they have a heads up on buyer protection as it is never a 100% coverall which the 'ads' seem to mislead sometimes.

Carry on the good work and hope you and all the others get your money back. I saved someone from a Nigerian scammer for £1000 the other day and its a lovely feeling to know that they were outwitted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

😉... I understand...

It's just that I feel like PP is leaving some of these people twisting in the wind.

As I have stated many people aren't that finalized with PP per se cause on many of ZG Technology sites even if you click the pay by Mastercard or what-have-you the PayPal portal pops up so their CC is processed through PP as a guest user (I think that's the term)....

ANYWAY. .

I'll be honest at this point I hope more people con tact thier bank/credit/debit card provider 1st & do a chare back through them as to incur fees that come out of PayPal's pocket.

For if something doesn't change-- then everything will continue down this same road..

ZG is playing fair their playing the system to the max, my in turn I was going to explot loopholes myself.. that's why I refused delivery of my package for I'd have to get refunded due to never taking possession of the items & my refusal mentioned the package was "RETURNED TO SENDER - POINT OF ORIGIN" & I didn't have to pay for shipping or try to decode the Chinese return address. In fact it used ZG own tracking # to show it was delivered back to them.

Not saying that's a foolproof method, BUT it got me a refund with having to ship it back to GodKnowsWhere, China at my expense.

That was my rational.

That being said, I will keep what you said in mind in future posts

Thanks

Mario 

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.