ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass
Good advice..
BUT on some of the sites ZG Technology Co Limited has they list the company as being based in the UK then on some as New York, USA yet on others no mention as being a Chinese based comany.
Heck most of the people here didn't even know that they were doing business with ZG Technology untill the purchase was finalized.
Too much of a coincidence all these little intricacies on the sites run by ZG Technology to not be a purposeful effort in their deception.
You can see a pattern in many of these poor people's stories?
They TRUST PAYPAL so when they see the PayPal Logo as the sites payment processor with the words "FEEL SAFE FOR YOUR PROTECTED BY PAYPAL PURCHASE PROTECTION" as well as ZG Tech's claim of "100% GUARANTEE YOUR ITEM WILL BE THE SAME AS THE AD, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SEND THE ITEM BACK FOR A REFUND"..
I mean I really feel for these people, NO PayPal really can't be responsible for every bad purchase a user makes, BUT when a company is conducting an orginized campaign to defraud/scam people on mass then PayPal it's my belief that it's PayPal responsibility to have the seller HONOR THEIR CLAIMS & to either ship the actual items that were advertised or modify their ad to reflect the actual item.
Don't care what civilized country you live in that practice is ILLEGAL & please explain to me how PayPal isn't aware that there isn't something seedy & sneaky going on with ZG Technology.
As I havery said many times I'd bet anything that for every post in this thread about being scammed by ZG Tech that there's 1000's of other who ate in the same boat.
God only knows how many disputes were filed against ZG as well as how many people who don't know how to file or get a refund from a chinest company.
Lastly because ZG uses PayPal to process all their payments even people who didn't have a PayPal acct made their purchase thru the PayPal portal as a guest user or however those people are classified.
I venture to say 80% -90% have no idea about this community forum.
It looks to me that many found theyre way here through a Google search for ZG Technology co limited for this is the top search result along with Olivia "SOLVED" nonsensical header (which I wholeheartedly believe was the true purpose of the SOLVED post. So the word SOLVED shows up in a big font along side "ZG Technology Co Limited FRAUD -PayPal Community Forums" as the top google search result)

Login to Me Too

DMD2016
Contributor
Contributor

Send them an empty box or padded envelope to cut down on shipping costs.  ZG Technology played games with you, you might as well fight back! All you need to do is show Paypal you've sent the item to ZG Technology.  What they receive on their end isn't your problem!

I know that sounds crooked, but so far, you've been following the rules and you're still ending up **bleep**! 

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@DMD2016

that's exactly what I said I don't know if it's the best of advice but that's what I would do!! I'd run item over with my car a few times or smash it with a sledgehammer or even melt it down into a little lump of plastic so it fits inot a greeting card envelope, then send it back.  I've seen but some of these people forced to pay $60 plus to ship back an item that in actuality is worth less than $20.  Those $100 drones that theyre selling when the victim gets his package contains a toy drone with an actual worth if about $12 the $39 lightsabers that they sell when victims get them it's a cheap $1.99 bad knockoff.

Same with the smartwatches & Marvel Ironman gloves.

EVERYTHING IS CHEAP LOOK-ALIKE KNOCKOFFS!!!

I can't call the crap counterfeit cause they're're slick enuff as NOT to put DJI, Marvel, etc logos on the items their shipping.

But sure as chit thier ads are showing DJI drones or other top of the line merchandise on their websites & definitely show quality name brand products in those Facebook ad campaigns 

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

@DMD2016 

I would kudo your post 5 times if I could.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

Login to Me Too

DMD2016
Contributor
Contributor

I checked out shipping costs to China and under 2 pounds, 0 ounces costs $23.50.  That's the cheapest so far with tracking and receipt (through USPS.com website, or else it will run you $39.50 if you go down to the Post Office)!

First-Class Package International Service**
Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"
Value of contents can not exceed $400.00
Select a Delivery Option Expected Delivery Day RetailClick-N-Ship®
Normal Delivery TimeVaries by destination$23.50$23.50

My suggestion is to empty out the contents and make the weight as light as possible!  Heck, ship them an empty box if the weight goes over 2 pounds!  Fudge around with the Declaration Form and try not to exceed $400 in value, but make sure you don't pay any extra fees as well!  Sometimes, Customs sees a high price and bills the receiver (not the sender) for the costs, and that would be the ultimate joke if they pay for something and nothing is in the box!  Most of the time, the receiver will refuse, but that's their problem!  You just have to show Paypal your proof you sent the item (tracking number) and that it went to China!

If you feel that's still too much, just file a dispute with your credit card company and explain the situation via email (or call them up).  The credit card company gives you better results because they don't want to lose you as a customer, and if it is clearly fraud, it gets charged back to Paypal , who has to handle the chargeback fees (which cost gets passed on to the seller).

Login to Me Too

FREEB1RD
Contributor
Contributor
We havn't recieved support from PayPal in the past w/issues. NOW we used PayPal to make payment to (ZG Tecnology Co. Limited) & got scammed. Christmas lights advertised as 8 on a string for $9.98 delivered as 1 per string x 15 boxes @ $149.70... Really don't trust PayPal enough to go thru the motions again just to be disappointed like you! Respects TNT
Login to Me Too

awhitted

this is the email address included on my paypal transaction with them: *** bleep *** I placed an order based on advertisement videos and a written product description. what I got was nothing at all like what was advertised. Its a shame PayPal is associated with them. Good luck

Login to Me Too

Pb9057
Contributor
Contributor
What's so fraudulent is that the ZG does not appear on the Facebook advertisement. Once you buy the product then their name the ZG Technologies shows up. They scammed me once by stealing a video from another site and using it as their own. I ordered a product that indicated a different seller but once I went through PayPal it showed their name. I'm lucky it wasn't a lot of money but I'm tired of Facebook and PayPal letting these scammers continue to take people's money. Class action lawsuit?
Login to Me Too

Sgerard

Does PayPal not monitor their own forum here and see all the people being ripped off by ZGtech?  Appears I was ripped off on the drone being advertised thru Facebook. I used my visa credit card and it somehow had to go thru PayPal.  All I can figure is they know that PayPal lacks the security provided by other means such as visa. Where are you PayPal?  Why are you letting this happen?  I will be closing my account ...you aren’t providing appropriate security here. 

Login to Me Too

sylmar616
Contributor
Contributor

They are also advertising on Instagram, as I bought 2 of the 4WD MONSTER TRUCK - Silver / 1:16 / HIGH-POWER VERSION, and have not seen any emails since.    Why isnt PayPal blocking these payments???   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.