ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

bogeak
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly 100% same situation happen to me. I bought a smartwatch and I got a different watch that doesn’t even compare to the one advertised. Please help!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bogeak

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bogeak
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much!!!

Login to Me Too

Adrayt
Contributor
Contributor

First off saw their ad on Facebook smart watch looked completely different from what I received. Other words 10.00 watch for 30 .00. Here the kicker unit out of the box does not work no touch so I cannot set it up. So stay away. Would never purchase anything advertised on Facebook. ZG technology lost me as a customer for good.

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@Adrayt

No offense but I'm a little confused, in your post you wrote "ZG technology lost me as a customer for good"

you have bought other stuff from ZG Technology Co Limited or HKG Technology that you were actually happy with??

If so i'd be awe struck, for as far as I know ZG/HKG Technology doesn't have "customers" they only have "VICTIMS"

Login to Me Too

Donhoi
Contributor
Contributor

I've only used paypal service three times with my debit card and now I've found that money was taken from my account for no purchase at all through paypal by ZG Technology Co. I need paypal to refund my money and finally do something about this company. If they can actually take your money without any form of purchase on my part then you guys seriously have a big problem and is not secure because all transaction ever done through paypal was one off payments not using my paypal account just my card. Email me so I can send you the information needed but I want back my money this is a serious breach of your security and I won't suffer for it.

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

@DonhoiI found this in the help today under Claims And Limitations / Information on Claims and Disputes / I paid with PayPal before signing up. Can I open a dispute?

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/i-paid-with-paypal-before-signing-up.-can-i-open-a-dispu...

Basically, find the email paypal sent you when you purchased something, and click the "sign up" link.

Enter in the billing info/debit card you used.

Once the account registration is complete, you can file a dispute.

If you don't have an email from the transaction you want to dispute it might work with one of the other transactions you did - just make sure the right transaction is available to dispute when you get that far.

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else getting an Access Denied error trying to escalate a claim by changing it to "item not as described" today? 

I tried on several browsers over the last 4 hours but still get the same error.

When I submit the form with the details I get the error. (maybe it doesn't like the fact that I completely filled the details box and can't type any more :))

Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

I shipped the piece of crap drones back to the scammers and the USPS Tracking confirmed this morning it was delivered (to the address provided by Paypal) ....Now we will see if  and how long and Paypal will take to refund my money and the return shipping fee! 

Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor
I've just had my appeal rejected. PayPal are just as bad as the scammers who ripped you all off. PayPal offers less protection then your bank/credit card and I'd encourage everyone not to use PayPal. They don't give a stuff about their customers. I hope there's someone reading who understands the law around this subject and wipes the floor with PayPal. I'm never going to use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.