ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor

They've changed the email address on the PayPal account and have started up a tech shop outside of shopify selling Mobile phones. I'm guess ing Shopify may have started to react to these scammers. I read some guy say on this thread it was a sophisticated scam LOL they're using the same PayPal account for all these transactions!!! All this **bleep** is from ONE PayPal user!! PayPal is basically facilitating this. 

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely right. 

If anyone reading this is still awaiting for something to be delivered REFUSE THE ACCEPTANCE OR DO NOT COLLECT.

This way you will never receive what you paid for.

As already suggested IF YOU CAN MANAGE TO, TAKE PICTURES OF THE PACKAGE FOR THE SENDER ADDRESS AND IDENTIFICATION BUT DON'T ACCEPT THE DELIVERY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

It is sure that this hasn't stop and Paypal is still mediating payment services for this scam. As of today I marked as fraud two FB adds for sales from this company.

ALL THIS IS AN HUGE ACT OF TERROR AGAINST INTELLIGENCE.

Login to Me Too

Z08Crunch
Contributor
Contributor

@WileC0yote

I surely did open a dispute thru Official PayPal, before I posted here and now it's in a 3 week seller response status.

The thing is, with so many complaints on this type of banditism from a certain seller PayPal should immidiately stop all transactions with that party. We cannot see where our money goes until we are e-mailed by PayPal with a receipt. But PayPal can and should not process these transactions.

@TZRPM

Accepting or collecting has nothing to do with refunding!

I collected the package, I opened it up, I saw it's not what I ordered, I used it and I'm not satisfied, I payed for A, received B. I gave my money to PayPal, they proceeded it further to the given company. Well, I wanna be refunded by PayPal and I'll send 'em a product to proceed it to seller they obviousely work with or to use it as an evidence in upcoming lawsuit they'll rise against the given company.

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

@Z08Crunch

Accepting or collecting has nothing to do with refunding!

I collected the package, I opened it up, I saw it's not what I ordered, I used it and I'm not satisfied, I payed for A, received B. I gave my money to PayPal, they proceeded it further to the given company. Well, I wanna be refunded by PayPal and I'll send 'em a product to proceed it to seller they obviousely work with or to use it as an evidence in upcoming lawsuit they'll rise against the given company.

I realized I got caught in a scam little while after paying for my order.

As I kept on receiving more adds for the same kind of deal. I gave a more thorough look on what I got myself into and without reasonable doubt I had been scammed.

I concluded this, perhaps two hours after I paid, specially thanks to this community thread.

I tried immediately to cancel the payment in Paypal but Paypal had already committed to the seller.

Such hastiness from Paypal under the  circumstances can only be but reprehensible. Paypal charged my CC immediately without any possible revision whatsoever???  

As per Paypal advice, I first sent the seller emails without any answer, of course, and afterwards I went for open a dispute.

In my case I could only file a dispute under two situations

Not Receiving an Item

Receiving an Item different from what I've paid for 

So Accepting or collecting has everything to do with refunding.

In my case, if I collect the item I will most certainly have to pay customs taxes and eventually the return to the seller without any refunding for these costs. Summed up to the already reasonable doubt of ever been refunded at all I open the dispute for Not having received the item which it is what is going to happen.

Login to Me Too

Pando-Command
Contributor
Contributor

@Z08Crunch wrote:

I surely did open a dispute thru Official PayPal, before I posted here and now it's in a 3 week seller response status.

The thing is, with so many complaints on this type of banditism from a certain seller PayPal should immidiately stop all transactions with that party. We cannot see where our money goes until we are e-mailed by PayPal with a receipt. But PayPal can and should not process these transactions.

You do not have to wait the 3 weeks for the scammers to respond, I believe the wording is "the seller(Scammer) has up Blah..Blah to respond" go ahead and escalate and then you will get an email from paypal instructing you to send it back. Hopefully PayPal will send you the return address in English and not Chinese Characters....like they did me till I called them and demanded they translate it. (There is no way to fill out an online address in Chinese while accessing it in the states)...And PayPal knows this!!! And I will publicly accuse them  right here as being a party to this scam!

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

@Punuk@Tomtuul@Iggie9@drgr33n@kernowlass:

Absolutely right. 

If anyone reading this is still awaiting for something to be delivered REFUSE THE ACCEPTANCE OR DO NOT COLLECT.

This way you will never receive what you paid for.

As already suggested IF YOU CAN MANAGE TO, TAKE PICTURES OF THE PACKAGE FOR THE SENDER ADDRESS AND IDENTIFICATION BUT DON'T ACCEPT THE DELIVERY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

It is sure that this hasn't stop and Paypal is still mediating payment services for this scam. As of today I marked as fraud two FB adds for sales from this company.

ALL THIS IS AN HUGE ACT OF TERROR AGAINST INTELLIGENCE.

ATTENTION

IF IT IS A REGISTERED DELIVERY DO ACCEPT IT PLEASE.

IF WE RECEIVE ANY ITEM BY REGISTERED MAIL WE ARE FORCED BY PAYPAL TERMS TO COLLECT IT OTHERWISE THE POSTAL SERVICE WILL TAG IT AS

REFUSED.

BEING TAGGED AS REFUSED VOIDS PAYPAL'S REFUND GUARANTIES.

I sincerely hope no harm as been cause by my previous post 

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

@WileC0yote

You missed highlighting a couple of important feature differences (at least compared to the cicfun version of the product page, which used the Mavic Air specs):

Flight duration 21-27 minutes
Remote control distanceHeight:500m  /  Flight distance:5km

The nicergear version actually gives flight time and range specs that are completely made up (25-30 minutes, 7km).

Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

Just went to my paypal dispute to see if anything had updated and I noticed the Seller Contact email address on the dispute had changed!

It's still an emailcxs.com address, but has changed. (no point posting it here as it is probably some poor victims stolen address anyway)

They still have the globalbuy-service one on the transaction though.

So far the globalbuy address is the only one that has given any sort of response... however I think even that could be a stolen or at best misleading address!

globalbuy.co.za seems to be a legit company selling the drones these scammers are shipping - but they do advertise the correct product with the correct specs and more realistic pricing so I think they are also victims here.

The actual scammers could be anywhere in the world... they just put up web sites, take money through a paypal account with completely fake details and direct all the complaints to bogus email addresses.  Just cancelling their account won't work - they'll just make a new one, so most likely the "slow" response by PayPal is actually the time it takes them to follow the money and find the real people behind this.

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

@mnix1 

Yeap, and after escalating I notice another a third different one, now it is geneticaly at emailcxs dot com

Login to Me Too

rescueidmt
Contributor
Contributor
Z08Crunch, at least you got a folding one. I got a 3 inch square plastic 4 blade mini drone that you can get at rhe dollar store.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.