ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've all had a bad experience with your transactions. The disputes that have been filed, in addition to being necessary for each of you to recoup losses from your individual transactions, are also necessary to help PayPal view the big picture of a merchant's behavior. While we are unable to disclose any results of investigations or any actions taken on an account to anyone but the account's owner, I can assure you that PayPal does investigate these trends of behavior. Thank you to everyone who opened a dispute to let us know of the issue.

To any who had a post edited or removed from this thread, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. All posts must adhere to the Community Rules and Guidelines. Any posting of contact information would not be allowed.

I'm marking this post as the accepted solution in order to allow the forum to float my response to the top of the thread. This is not an indication that PayPal considers the matter closed. It is purely to ensure the visibility of this response as the thread grows. We appreciate the insight that you have all brought to the discussion and any additional posts that come from anyone else that has been affected.

Thank you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Demech4590
Contributor
Contributor

I have already sent a payment to that company but the money did not debited from my account yet. I have already sent a message to PayPal to cancel the transaction but I would like to ask it from you too. Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Login to Me Too

latinhotrd

Hello,

My name is Jose and I did file a dispute on a order from ZG technology Co., Limited. At first I did it for not getting it on time. Right after I did it the order shown up, and I close the case. But when I noticed that it was the wrong drone, I try to crate a new one, it wouldn't let me. I called the customer support and the lady said that she would have one made for the problem, and when went to check on it today I noticed that it wasn't created. I called again and that's when I was told that PayPal can not help me because they couldn't created another one because I did one for not shipping on time. That I should have change it which I try to explain to the lady at that time I didn't know that they sent me the wrong drone. Long store short I lost $110.85 and so far not help from no one. I have been emailing this company no answers, and paypal did not help at all.

I am hoping now that I am get some help on this. Sent I had to post it here.

Thank you

Jose

Login to Me Too

Kiwial
Contributor
Contributor
Latinhotrd
Demand to speak to a manager.
They have a lot more authority than customer service staff do and have full access to your account while on the phone to you.
Let them know you know about the scam via their own community forum pages. It does help
Good luck
Login to Me Too

retiredrailcop
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had their money returned by PayPal under the buy protection policy? This is a known scam to PayPal, why are they protecting the seller? I'm out $83.47 and PayPal could care less. Time to find a reputable service.

Login to Me Too

TonyV20
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks PayPal, I seem to have been refunded, but received no notification, I just happened to check the status and saw "closed" then checked and saw the refund.

Login to Me Too

whilliam123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia, I want to cancel and issue a refund too. I'm afraid that i got scammed by them. thanks

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia

I understand  & appreciate your awkward position.

That being said I just surfed through a few of ZG Technology Co Limited sites & the SAME EXACT STOLEN PRODUCT AD's from products they do not sell yet take $$ for with the PayPal service as well as the same ludicrous claims about being a AMERICAN OWNED & OPERATED IN THE US claims.

So what are you saying? that ZG Tech is on double secret probation yet can still go on with the same practice?

Has anyone actually taken 3min to surf through some of the ZG Tech store fronts & look at their "POSTED" claims, TOS, Shipping & Return policy.

I mean heck would take one all of 45sec to skim this thread & skim their store fronts to know that something is rotten in Denmark.

Not to mention god only knows how many non English speaking folks have been scammed as well as the scores of people who aren't tech savvy enuff to find this forum or know how to file a proper dispute cause there have been more then 1 people who have had their PP claims denied straight away due to a trivial technicality..

pardon me for being callus but it is my opinion that the classification of SOLVED on this thread is not to help people find the thread but more of an appeasement, REALLY 25,000 + thread views should signal BIG TROUBLE.

Login to Me Too

ssello
Contributor
Contributor

I was on Facebook, saw an ad for a 16x52 monocular lens complete with smart phone adapter and Tripod for $29.95. This looked like a good deal, received the package this evening. What I got, a 12x50 monocular lens, no smart phone adapter and no tripod. Just sent them an email, awaiting their response before I return their item and file a dispute. I will keep you guys informed.

Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've all had a bad experience with your transactions. The disputes that have been filed, in addition to being necessary for each of you to recoup losses from your individual transactions, are also necessary to help PayPal view the big picture of a merchant's behavior. While we are unable to disclose any results of investigations or any actions taken on an account to anyone but the account's owner, I can assure you that PayPal does investigate these trends of behavior. Thank you to everyone who opened a dispute to let us know of the issue.

To any who had a post edited or removed from this thread, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. All posts must adhere to the Community Rules and Guidelines. Any posting of contact information would not be allowed.

I'm marking this post as the accepted solution in order to allow the forum to float my response to the top of the thread. This is not an indication that PayPal considers the matter closed. It is purely to ensure the visibility of this response as the thread grows. We appreciate the insight that you have all brought to the discussion and any additional posts that come from anyone else that has been affected.

Thank you.

Olivia

Hey Olivia,

Thanks for the update. So are you saying everyone is going to get their money back? Because last time I talked to someone at PayPal, they told me that I needed to wait for the delivery tracking data to be updated. I've tried tracking the parcel on the EMS website and it doesn't recognize the tracking number. When I said that to the guy he replied "Don't worry about that, we need to check it so you'll have to wait.". I tried to explain how many people have been scammed by this company and the activity on thread, but was fobbed off with there's nothing he could do and you have guidelines to follow. 

Also my case is still under review and has been open since the 12th June. I've not received anything (thank god) as it would seem if you do actually get a package full of junk from these cowboys it's like a curse. You're marking this thread as solved while the company STILL trades using PayPal as it's main payment option. They're STILL using your buyer protection to sucker people into a false sense of security. This is far from solved, how about we see some ACTION from PayPal and shut down their account and see some refunds start to happen. It really shouldn't have taken you this long to reply to this thread! How many cases must be open against these cowboys? Don't you have people watching out for this sort of scam? Or are we just bait so you can collect data about the company while we sit here out of pocket.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.