ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

i just realized that we're up to 36pages here, but last Friday the thread was some 37 pages long..
So taking into account all the new posts since then ,, well I dunno what to make of it.

EITHER WAY this thread/forum is strange kind of hard to follow due to the forum formatting, new posts can appear on any 1 of the 36 pages instead of the newest post going on the last page or the 1st page of the thread.. Dunno if it's cause like 5 threads were merged or that's just the way this forum works. Like I have said before forum is almost as difficult to understand as PayPals buyer protection claims.. I'm left with the thought that we are all just PayPal USERS & ZG Tech is their CUSTOMER cause ZG Tech is the one whose paying PayPal 1-2%

Login to Me Too

supercharger99
Contributor
Contributor

This is the company I bought from on facebook  Alwaysromantic search it on FB its ZG Technology really as thats who the paypal payment went to. They basically send out low value items that aren't what you ordered. I have a cliam in with paypal. By looking at this tread not sure why paypal are still dealing with this scam company? Do you think it may have something to do with them making money out of it??

Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor

They use <removed> as the email address. That domain links to a Mr Ma, details below. Maybe it's worth people sharing their return addresses to see if we can come up with a link somehow. 

Contact person: Mr. Ma 
Tel: <removed>
Q Q: <removed>
E-mail: <removed> 
Contact address: <removed>

Login to Me Too

tomp1193
Contributor
Contributor
I reckon all their information is fake. why would scammers give real information about themselves?
Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor

They must have some sort of access to that domain as they need to register the account with PayPal. They could of hacked the server running that website I suppose.

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

You will notice that ZG  Tech has like 30+ sites on SHOPIFY & the domains they're using there they registered thru "Domains By Proxy" or a similar Domain Privacy service.

When you see a retail/selling/product site thats registered thru a privacy/proxy service that can be a reason for concern..

YES YES there are some valid reasons to mask who owns a domain/site BUT when the site is a ONLINE STORE & they don't want to show what company Registered/Operates the site makes you wonder WHY they wanna hide ownership!!!!

Personally I don't think SHOPIFY should allow domain ownership masking for anyone who is using/renting their storefront hosting services

BTW- That email addy, that domain/site looks like it belongs to some sort of art dealer the email address I was provided was "mgvcxgfes575dcvn-AT-gmail . com"  & "globalbuy-service-AT-emailcxs . com"   obviously I edited the email address a little as not to break the forum rules I don't want to get another email from PayPal Forum Moderator scolding me again lol

Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor

The email address above was what was provided by paypal as a contact for discussing my dispute. 

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

yes that same exact email you posted was on some of the correspondences i go from PayPal during my dispute.

Even though I saw it contained in some of the messages when I tried to Ferret out exactly who the hell ZG TEch is I when I translated & tries to get the owners name it appeared to be a site that sells art.

that's all I meant

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

Shopify is what could be considered a global e-commerce service provider. Anyone can buy as many shops as wanted.

I believe that host and domain registar is provided as part of Shopify's service. I wouldn't be surprised that the emails were also provided by Shopify in partnership with Google Mail as for metrics. Who would tell???

When I first tried to reach the seller, June 12, I used the email address provided by Paypal as part of the data in the transaction receipt which was  <removed> whois lookup reveals this is also mantained by shopify. Later I found how to send an email to the seller through Paypal Message Center and send the email again, upon doing this it is shown another email address  <removed> which as far as I could get to know is registered in HK and is associated to site with the same name  jiahongnet.com  which is completely writen in chinese  and for which I couldn't get Google translation.

I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND VISITING BROWSING THIS SITE, NAMELY ACTIVATING IT'S FLASH CONTENTS WITHOUT PRECAUTIONS. 

Apparently it is a site devoted to Chinese Arts and Artists, Painting and Calligraphy, no Hitech whatsoever.

What is puzzling me is that:

I could easily get this information, and it doesn't requires me to have a rocket science degree to see that there is a perfect disconnection between declared activity and real activity, how is that in two months of complaints no one in Paypal's compliance office or in fraud prevention office or whatever Paypal specific office didn't paid more attention??? Of course vendors pay the commissions Paypal need to exist!!!

Wait it is not true...

Buyers end up paying everything!!!

So, if buyers pay the scammer and the scammer gives part to Paypal, then Paypal is definitely accessory to the fraud, unless proved otherwise.

Login to Me Too

TZRPM
Contributor
Contributor

As many of us here have mentioned, it is quite inexplicable how Paypal, being a financial service provider is letting this seller getting involved for more then two months to now, in what is neatly a fraud and a scam.

I wonder if Paypal is sure the seller is who he says it is?

I thought to be buying a replica of a well known brand of drones, for a bargain. I absolutely knew it couldn't be the original, as I now its price.

This scam exploited the fact that the original well known brand drone don't present any brand inscriptions, so the scammers used all theirs promotional material, which per se is already an infringement of registered trademark and material copyrights law... I realize this to late 😞

I have saved the sellers page in my computer, and I recommend everyone doing it still possible.

Upon buying I searched seller's webstore page for its location founding he was supposedly in the UK, which meant no customs duties, and since Paypal was pledging the deal I decided to give it a try.

The transaction was immediately committed in my Paypal account, so I couldn't cancel it this way, and though I sent an email to the seller, never got an answer. Of course not.

To make things even more odd, upon contacting Paypal support line I am informed that the seller is an important account to Paypal. ???

The first reports here at the forum started by the end of March.

Today, 8 days after, I received a message, allegedly from the seller, in China, saying that my order has been dispatched, but I am sure I am not going to receive nothing similar to what I thought I was buying. 

I am now waiting for the time to pass in order to be able to escalate the dispute I opened the very same day I made the mistake to trust Paypal logo in a page because it seems Paypal's process of validating sellers suitability is not what I thought.

From my point of view, right now, Paypal is being accessory to this scam. As the saying, who's watching is so guilty as who's stealing. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.