ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AC-P

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Iggie9
Contributor
Contributor
I followed the process but the communication with the seller only led to them asking me to return the item at a cost that made no sense. The next step in the process was to escalate to PayPal who also asked me to return the item, so where does that leave me? Pay more than the cost of the item to return it for a small sum via refund? Please explain how this is supposed to make sense to me??
Login to Me Too

tnhuy1308

I bought a drone on https://nicergear.shop/ Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. May I have refund with this problem ? I have seen many people faced with this comany problem. I have sent a report to Customer Service with Case ID: PP-I-1979037. Hope Paypal will helps me.

Login to Me Too

baconbuttyman
Contributor
Contributor

i have also been ripped off by this company, i have started a paypal claim and it has now been escalated by myself, has any one managed to get a refund yet

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@baconbuttyman

If you did not get your item then you should be covered under buyer protection the same as any other fraudulent transaction. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

phunixx
Contributor
Contributor

Bought a lightsaber for 39.99 for my son.

Looked allright on their wwebsite...

Got a worhtless plastic toy instead...

Made a paypal claim and hoping to get money back

Total scam !!!!!

Login to Me Too

Mike26871
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, the litgh Saber is different to the Model that show on Instagramm !!!

Login to Me Too

WileC0yote
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

NO OFFENSE! But dunno if you have read any of the posts in this thread.

YES !! Many people did receive a Package from ZG Tech. but in NO WAY WAS IT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GET!! They might as well have gotten an empty box or a package  with a Chinese rock inside.

I was lucky enough to get my $$$ back via PayPals dispute/grievance only because I refused delivery of my parcel due to ZG Tech stealing the Advertisements 

/pictures/descriptions of the Splash Drone from SWELL & AUTEL which are both $1500 drone, ZG had pictures & Spec's of those drones on their 30+ SHOPIFY Hosted sites- for $99 they have done this with ALL the products WIGS, Light Sabres, Parrot Drones, RC Cars- only to ship out items that are basically dollar store junk.

Now people who did open their package to find something that they did not order are left with PayPal saying that they have to send the items back for a refund at a cost thats as much as they paid for the Item, to make things worse ZG has been putting fake return addresses on the packages & have 8 different Item Return addresses listed on their sites that when you google them don't appear to be valid.

What everyone is asking is WHY does PayPal continue to allow ZG Tech to use their service??? I know for a fact that PayPal will put a vendors acct on hold if they have alot of claims against them, heck even VISA & Mastercard will stop processing for a company for fraudulent activities.

So its common sense that if you see some 500+ people saying they were scammed in just this forum that theres prolly 1000's of complaints cause Facebook is loaded with pages & posts also.

PayPal & SHOPIFY are both well aware of the situation as well as ZG using STOLEN pictures & ads from companies of products they don't sell to do their BAIT & SWITCH SCAM I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT ALSO CAUSE I HAVE THE EMAILS & THE COMPANIES WHOS PRODUCTS ZG IS USING ALSO NOTIFIED FACEBOOK, SHOPIFY OF THE INFRINGEMENT & OBVIOUS SCAM.

Yet they're doing NOTHING basically allowing them to do this, it's almost like SHOPIFY & PayPal is the get away driver during a robbery, once you are made aware that a crime is being committed & you aid them your a part of it..

EVERYONE HERE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO BE UPSET & DISAPPOINTED IN PAYPAL & SHOPIFY, FOR THEY CLAIM 1 OF THE MAIN REASONS TO USE THEIR SERVICE IS CUSTOMER SAFETY.

NOT EVEN GONNA START ON SHOPIFY FOR I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I DID A FEW GOOGLE SEARCHES ON THAT COMPANY APPARENTLY THEYVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH MANY MANY QUESTIONABLE PRACTICES THAT HAVE BURNED SCORES OF PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WileC0yote

Yes true, but if you read the small section on buying before you started to use paypal then you could risk assess your own transactions and not get caught out.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alcart
Contributor
Contributor

I also purchased the drone and xtra batteries from a facebook ad. I tried to contact seller I got nothing, I tried to contact Paypal same issue.

I just went to my bank and disputed the charge, hopefully this will take care of the problem. I cant believe Paypal would condone a transaction with a scam company. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.