ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

tomp1193
Contributor
Contributor

Update...I now have been refunded on the second item. hope everyone else gets their money back too

Login to Me Too

Jey86
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I bought a $ 30 star wars saberlight a week ago. The next day I realized it was a scam and I immediately wrote to the ZG. Technology to cancel my order. Unfortunately, they had already taken the money with Paypal so I could not cancel the transaction. They replied that to be able to repay the money must pass at least 15 days .... It will be true or is it an excuse to make me waste time? Have you immediately opened the dispute with Paypal? I have not yet
Login to Me Too

tomp1193
Contributor
Contributor

I bought my items on the 26th April. Three weeks later I open a dispute with PayPal. I also included the link to this page in my correspondence and there is another page also discussing this company and I included a link to that page as well

Login to Me Too

sipan

The same story -  I bought a drone on https://cicfun.com and  USPS status is "USPS Currently Awaiting Package" for more than a week. 
The same drone is sold by   https://amaz1ngstuff.com, https://nicergear.com, https://peibo.store , and many other similar looking sites.
I suspect most of them are a front for the same operation.

Login to Me Too

Jey86
Contributor
Contributor
Yes you know when you go to pay because even if they are different companies the payment always goes to ZG Technology. I bought one star wars lightsaber from "Happy Life" They are now selling the same thing with the same discount on "Saber Lovers". Always ZG Teclonogy with different name.
Login to Me Too

mnix1
Contributor
Contributor

Over the last couple of days I've trawled through the community threads, and well down my facebook feed to compile a list of sites that look like they are run by these guys.

No I didn't go buying stuff off every site, but certain things like the same address or phone number on the contact page, references to their other sites on some of the about or FAQ pages, the identical layout, the faked "sale ends in..." timers, the similarities in the range of products and so on all add up to a pretty good indication.

Here's the list so far:
cicfun.com
amaz1ngstuff.com
nicergear.com
peibo.store
maelove.store
gearfun.shop
gearizm.com
dotted.shop
lysrtra.shop
creative-mall.com
tumblecat.com
zenet.co
adryboutique.com
blackandwhite-trends.com
qtmdlife.com aka "Sunny"
"Sabre Lovers"
"Happy Life"
"CreativeLife"
"ColorLife"
"Pixcol"
"DDRfun"

and my facebook feed is still being flooded with adverts by these guys!

Also I found edealonlineau.com which is actually selling MS Office 365 subscriptions!  Still the same layout though, and surprise surprise they are offering a 5-user, 5-year subscription for half the price of the real 1-year subscription... oh but they'll email you the login details for the subscription account.... yea right!  I'm guessing its the same crowd...

Login to Me Too

Aussie-Bob
Contributor
Contributor

It was one in your list i bought a Drone from 179 dollars US and got a toy drone the one i was supposed to get had a 1 K range and waterproof and gimballed camera ect and so on that was gearfun.shop  payment went to NC technology Seller's Name: NC TECHNOLOGY 
Seller's Email: <removed> I returned the item to an address in China supplied by PAYPAL and it has been months PAYPAL has closed the case so not only am i out of pocket for the product but return cost as well. And seems there are hundreds of people been ripped off by this mob not only PayPal users. Here i was thinking i was protected by using PayPal well looks like it`s all a big sham by both parties.

Login to Me Too

petaster
Contributor
Contributor

After i got into this transaction, i found out all the images they use to sell their FAKE drone are all images from the ORIGINAL Mavik Pro from DJI, which is already a FRAUD to use  false claims and and images from another product to get people to click and order .... Please PAYPAL, stop supporting these crooks and tell me how to get my money back!

Pierre

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@petaster

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jimdar2
Contributor
Contributor

I did the exact same thing as Punuk and the rest in this thread.  I am just as disappointed that PayPal allowed this and has not blocked this vendor.  Now I am out of my money and taking forever to get my money back, if I even will get it back.  Disappointing big time..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.