ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED.

Punuk
New Community Member

I bought a drone on <edited>Payments done via PayPal. Inc. Then I found payment was to ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED. I then googled and found both are scam opererators. I emailed the seller as per the email on PayPal and returned undelivered. Will PayPal return my money? I lodged a complain with Paypal, but after reading all these complains, I find it strange that PayPal still service this seller.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've all had a bad experience with your transactions. The disputes that have been filed, in addition to being necessary for each of you to recoup losses from your individual transactions, are also necessary to help PayPal view the big picture of a merchant's behavior. While we are unable to disclose any results of investigations or any actions taken on an account to anyone but the account's owner, I can assure you that PayPal does investigate these trends of behavior. Thank you to everyone who opened a dispute to let us know of the issue.

To any who had a post edited or removed from this thread, I am very sorry for the inconvenience. All posts must adhere to the Community Rules and Guidelines. Any posting of contact information would not be allowed.

I'm marking this post as the accepted solution in order to allow the forum to float my response to the top of the thread. This is not an indication that PayPal considers the matter closed. It is purely to ensure the visibility of this response as the thread grows. We appreciate the insight that you have all brought to the discussion and any additional posts that come from anyone else that has been affected.

Thank you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

dmomofthree
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a cell phone holder from this company and I haven't received anything, I emailed account that was given with no response. I signed onto my paypal and it doesn't show under activities. So by this point i've figured out this was fraudulent and I am out the money. I will contact my bank to see if I can recover my funds. They had a link that opened up to paypals log in page (fake) now that I have figured out. Pay pal needs to have better security for us. Be careful out there !

<removed url>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey dmomofthree,

I'm sorry to hear the seller was fraudulent. 😞 I would advise changing your password to ensure your account is secure. You can find the details to do that here. Hopefully this is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

arw479
New Community Member

I was ripped off my this company as well!!  I trusted it was a safe transaction because A. It was a Pay-pal order and I thought any Pay Pal order was insured so you wouldn't get ripped off. And B. The ad I ordered from was on Facebook in the "classifieds" section. I don't even have $5 to lose right now. Disabled, cant work, lost business, living on little savings while I've waited 4 years on S.S. Anyway, That's why I was ordering in the first place. I have 2 teeth missing near the front ... long story, but was ordering the ones you see advertised often now. $43 for uppers and lowers. and ordered some for a friend while I was at it since they needed some and gave me cash to use my credit card / Pay Pal. I can't get a address, phone number, or any other thing about ZG Tech!  I thought Pay Pal orders was suppose to be secure?

Login to Me Too

Tigger001
Contributor
Contributor
I'm still trying to locate a way to contact company I want a refund
Login to Me Too

sd_arby
Contributor
Contributor

I would like the email.

PAYPAL is an accomplice in this FRAUD!

They said if I I would be given a refund if I sent the item back. 

Three shippers said it is not a valid address.

They said that I would need to get a letter from one of the shippers and they would close out the dispute and refund my money.

It takes longer to get the letter from shipper than PP gives to provide it to them.

And as many complaints as they have had you know they already know the info he provided if FAKE!

Login to Me Too

Iggie9
Contributor
Contributor

am really angry here.

I got am email from Paypal resolution centre asking me to return the item to china by registered mail in order to receive a refund.

I have no option to respond to the email I received from paypal apart from providing tracking information or canceling the claim.

It will cost me as much to return the item as I would get in the refund. The scammer is well aware of this and it is part of the scam.

By offering me no other alternative Paypal is complicit in the scam.

I have just spent 20 minutes on hold to Paypal before finally giving up and hanging up.

Can someone please tell me if I have any other way to get this resolved without getting further out of pocket?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Iggie9

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction (and if its available in your country) .....
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drgr33n

Paypal will refund as per their buyer protection policy.

That policy is not a 100% coverall, the onus is on buyers to read up on it and risk assess your transactions.

A lot of folks have received refunds but not everyone will depending on circumstances as per the above.

If you don't then contact your card issuer, in my personal opinion I would never fund any paypal payment without a credit card to give me that extra layer of protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

drgr33n
Contributor
Contributor

My goods were not delivered, when checking the tracking number it says it was left in porch but I don't have a porch. PayPal sells their services with the premise that as a customer, you're protected against scams like this but look at the number of complaints and failed claims against the SAME company. PayPal has failed to protect their customers and don't offer any additional protection then your credit card. Considering this, what does PayPal actually offer to the customer? In my opinion naff all. Again I'd advise people not to use PayPal services until they buck their idea's up and start proactively disrupting the scammer's operations by closing their accounts.  They're not doing anything about it and hiding behind the small print in their terms and conditions. They make a lot of money from us and the scale of this scam and the fact ZG Technology LTD is getting away with it will attract other potential scammers and could potentially cost them a lot more then they're gaining by ignoring the facts.  

@kernowlass wrote:

@drgr33n

Paypal will refund as per their buyer protection policy.

That policy is not a 100% coverall, the onus is on buyers to read up on it and risk assess your transactions.

A lot of folks have received refunds but not everyone will depending on circumstances as per the above.

If you don't then contact your card issuer, in my personal opinion I would never fund any paypal payment without a credit card to give me that extra layer of protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.