Your payment approved for Geek computer solution llc.

DataDan
New Community Member

Fraudulent Email:

Your Order of 499.99 approved with Geek Computer Solution.

Tell them to go fly a Kite and leave you alone. Actually block them and don't open it.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Arabe77a
Contributor
Contributor

I just received an email saying my purchase for Geek Software was approved by PayPal for $649.99!!!  It's for Norton Premium Internet Security (Basic).  I called the number in the email and a man just kept walking in circles saying he'd put it in for investigation but kept asking questions that he would get me to say "yes".  I didn't and finally hung up.

So I went to my PayPal account and deleted everything except my PayPal credit.  I'm told I have to call to do that.

This comes after receiving a letter saying I had applied for a credit account with PayPal and it was denied.  I didn't so called PayPal and was told I'd have to call Synchrony bank because they handle PayPal credit.

What a mess.  I guess I won't be buying anything that requires a PayPal account.  Sad, because the eBay merchants will be affected the most for me.  I love eBay but can't abide PayPal anymore.

Login to Me Too

Maurib
New Community Member

I received the same email but mine was "only" for $449.99.  I don't think you need to worry about your PayPal account unless you divulged some information in your phone call.  Of course they may have your phone number now from CID.  This is only a fishing email, hoping you'll respond and give out PP or bank info.   I checked my bank's website and found no such charge.  Checked PP and found no charge.  Just make it a rule that you do not respond.  You might want to forward the email to PP's Security dept. before deleting it.

Login to Me Too

Arabe77a
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply and reassurance.  

Login to Me Too

terriswick
New Community Member

I did not order anything from this company, this is a fraudulent charge.  d

o not charge my account

Login to Me Too

Mac676
New Community Member

I was scammed by these people also. They go by many names. They are very good so check any time you are working with anyone unusual. They are not associated with Best Buy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.