Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method.

MikelAL93
Contributor
Contributor

Help please. My account was recently limited as of yesterday due to unauthorized activity and it is telling me that I need to verify my credit card to approve it (I have sent an image showing proof of my bank account, since I do not have any cards linked to my account), and now, I cannot add my only working credit card to PayPal because every time I do, I get an error that says "Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method".

I have added this card to my account in the past, and it worked just fine, but now, PayPal refuses to re-add it. Is there any reason why this is happening?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikelAL93 

Ah I see, well you have to give them what they're asking for. Give them next month's or last month's CC statement. Or the statement around the relevant period the chargebacks and the most current one if you can. Make sure their high res and readable, good lighting. If you can scan it, that will be best. Note their file size and file format requirements when uploading.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikelAL93 

Because there was unauthorized activity reported on your account correct? So the system is going to block you adding a card. 

Contact customer service for assistance with resetting the card:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Login to Me Too

MikelAL93
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you very much! I have reported some unauthorized chargebacks that were done against my account since they were done by someone who hacked those paypal accounts, and they somehow combined with a separate payment of $10 that was authorized by me, leading up to a total of $400 on my bank account.

I am going to contact PayPal regarding this tomorrow when I go on my lunch break at work. Thanks again! 🙂

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikelAL93 

Oh jees, sorry to hear. What a nightmare. Hope you get it sorted. You're welcome.

Login to Me Too

MikelAL93
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I really hope I can get it fixed too. As I mentioned earlier, I had to submit proof of my bank account (account and routing number; given I can't add my card at the moment) since I didn't have my bank statement from that time (but I now have it in a pdf), so hopefully I can get it fixed soon so PayPal can look into the problem.

After that incident with the hacker filing chargebacks against my account, I know that I can never trust G2G again (G2G was where it all started).

Oh, and will PayPal accept bank accounts when asking to confirm your credit card in the event you have no cards linked to your account? or do I need to submit my bank account statement pdf? (since it shows my statement from January 2019 - Early February 2019 (around the period when the chargebacks happened))

I also want to add that at that time, my bank account was my primary payment and not my credit cards, but I find it weird that it needed me to confirm them if my bank account was my primary.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikelAL93 

Are they asking you to link a card to your PayPal account? Or are they asking for a credit card statement, to prove that card exists?

Login to Me Too

MikelAL93
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

They are asking for a credit card statement to prove that it exists from what I'm understanding.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikelAL93 

Ah I see, well you have to give them what they're asking for. Give them next month's or last month's CC statement. Or the statement around the relevant period the chargebacks and the most current one if you can. Make sure their high res and readable, good lighting. If you can scan it, that will be best. Note their file size and file format requirements when uploading.

Login to Me Too

MikelAL93
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you. 🙂 I will submit it to them as soon as I can, and I hope they can accept PDF files too, since its the file type the statement was in.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikelAL93 

Or you can jpg it, if they come back and ask for that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.