Your PayPal account has been limited (You've exceeded a regulatory limit on payments)

LazarP
Contributor
Contributor

Opera Snapshot_2021-06-17_003641_www.paypal.com (Paypal problem 1).png

+

Opera Snapshot_2021-06-17_003641_www.paypal.com (Paypal problem 2).png

As you hopefully see,I have submitted my proof of identity.

It is written "We’ll get back to you within 7 business days.".But they never got back to me.

Still,I'm getting this emails from them:

"We contacted you a while ago asking to confirm your identity as you've reached your annual account receiving limit.

We appreciate that you've chosen PayPal as your preferred way to pay and get paid. As part of our continuous efforts in complying with regulatory requirements, you’ll need to confirm your identity to continue using your PayPal account. This is a mandatory process and your account functionality will be limited until this step is completed.

To start, click the button below to provide us with the required documents before 30 June 2021. Otherwise, your account functionality will be further limited."

When I click on the link in the email,it leads me to the page in screenshot 1.

Still,the notification stands (screenshot 2).

So,they gave me deadline 2 weeks,even thou I submitted it 2 months ago!

This is really annoying.

Is there some solution to this?

What ELSE to do?

And WHERE to do it?

This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LazarP 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LazarP
Contributor
Contributor

This is the (TERRIBLE) experience I had with Paypal support,regarding this.

After 4 weeks (!) this AGONY is now over (resolved an hour ago,today).

For anyone facing the same problem,this is how it's went.

1. In the beginning of April I got email form Paypal,saying I need to confirm my identity.

I've sent them (uploaded) documents and since then it says "Thank you - We’ll get back to you within 7 business days".

2. I came here for help and I was advised by kernowalss (thank you) how to contact support.

3. option I have tried:

chat - I haven't found/saw one

send message during business hours - I did.To this day (after a month) they haven't answered me!

contact support via Facebook - I did.

contact support via Twitter - I haven't tried that,since I made contact with them on Facebook.

4. agony on Facebook - part 1

In short...

First,persons from countries outside US repeated some general stuff that I already know/have done (like:you have to go to Resolution center and upload proof of name and address - WHICH I ALREADY HAD) until after maybe a week writing back and forth that man/woman from India said like "OK,I will escalate this to a higher level" (FINALLY).

Secondly,some other person said they will review what I have sent in April...just to receive email from Paypal next day,saying (again) they need a proof of my name and address (wtf?I already sent them?).The link in the email leads me to the page that I have shown here screenshots of (a month ago).There was normally that sign "Thank you - We’ll get back to you within 7 business days",since I already uploaded my documents (months ago). In other words,they were just repeating the process,NOT carrying about anything I've sent them already.And like closed my case and cared no more.

Plus,I was ready to send them again my documentation - but there was NO button to upload anything,since I already uploaded it back in April and only that screenshot (Thank you,blah,blah) was standing there!And I've told them about it,but nobody listened!

4. agony on Facebook - part 2

Then came days of just ignoring me.

More than 10 days (if not 2 weeks) NOBODY was answering my messages on Facebook.Just unbelievable.

Finally,somebody told me like "We need time to review your documents,please allow us up to 7 days".They kept telling me general stuff,like "Follow the link in the email and upload requested documents" - BUT HOW TO UPLOAD THEM,WHEN THERE IS NO BUTTON TO UPLOAD ANYTHING ON THAT LINK?!I was already loosing my nerves,thinking - man,will this agony end?Am I talking to the walls or they (so called "support") are just persons with lower intelligence or what?

After that,again that person from India said like "I will escalate this".

Another person contacted me,giving me some kinda special link to upload files (thanks god!).And (I think) closed my case again.

5. agony on Facebook - part 3

The next day I got another email from Paypal,saying my documents were not OK ad to upload new ones.

(I think here that my mistake was because I took a picture of the letter,as a proof of home address,but there was no date on the letter - other than that,I really don't know what could be the problem,as all the criteria was fulfilled?)

And there was a link...and guess what?That leads me AGAIN to the page where there is NO button to upload anything...just that annoying sign "Thank you - we'll get back to you" still stands...

AGAIN contact them on Facebook,AGAIN they give me some general advice ("Please,clear the cache and cookies from your computer and try again"),AGAIN I'm listening to them (even though I have done all those steps already last week or so),but all in vain...MAN,WILL THIS END?!

To shorten the story,after back and forth with that Indian guy,he escalates it again.Again some special link for me to upload files...and TODAY FINALLY I got email from Payapal,saying my limitations are lifted!

AFTER 4 WEEKS OF AGONY!!!

So...

If you ever find yourself in this situation - prepare yourself for a long run and just to know what awaits you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.